RetroPGF 3: Voting badge distribution

It’s fascinating to see how some individuals are defining citizenship as active participation in the collective or forum. However, opinions on who qualifies as a citizen vary widely. There are numerous factors to consider beyond governance involvement, and I’m even inclined to suggest nominating individuals who aren’t exclusively focused on token governance (my nomination). The Citizen house may serve as a balancing force for the Token house in the future.

In my view, the more diverse the background of nominated Citizens, the better. This diversity can help broaden the Optimism Vision community and foster a more inclusive atmosphere.

I’m concerned about the prevailing negative tone in many of our debates. I believe that some of these discussions would be more appropriate in dedicated “Delegate threads.”

Delegates are accountable to their constituents, which means they should answer to the token holders who have delegated their authority to them. Instead of demanding answers as if delegates were employees, we should remember that there’s a reporting process in place. If there are allegations of misconduct or misalignment of interests, proof can be submitted, and the token house can vote on the matter. If not, let’s strive to maintain a meaningful and positive conversation on the forum.

Coming from a Latin American country, I aspire to embody the change I wish to see among my regional peers. It’s essential for us to uphold civility and professionalism to the highest standards.

22 Likes