Option A: Research on Implementing CSR with Optimism Sequencer
Conduct in-depth research to explore the technical aspects and feasibility of integrating Canto’s Contract Secured Revenue (CSR) directly with the Optimism Sequencer, providing valuable insights to inform future development decisions.
Option B: Research CSR System with OP Stack Using OP Tokens
Investigate the integration of a CSR system with the OP Stack, leveraging OP tokens for compensation, with a focus on analyzing tokenomics, advantages, and challenges to contribute to the conceptual framework for a decentralized compensation system. This research must be 100% independent of the sequencer.
Option C: Actual Implementation of Option B
Implement a functional prototype or proof of concept to demonstrate the practical integration of CSR with the OP Stack, utilizing OP tokens for compensation, showcasing the viability of the proposed solution within an 8-week timeframe. Must include NFT claimed by deployer address to stack multiple revenues in 1.
S5 Intent Please list the Intent your Request aligns with here: Intent 1: Progress towards technical decentralization
Proposal Tier: Option A and B Ember, Option C Fledgling
A. 50.000 OP approved by builders (locked)
B. 50.000 OP approved by builders (locked)
C. 150.000 OP (100.000 OP for experimental distribution, needs growth committee approval). 50.000 OP approved by builders (locked)
Should this Foundation Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants: Options a and b multiple. Option C one
Option A: Research on How to Implement CSR Directly with Optimism Sequencer
This mission is essential for achieving the intent by providing a deep dive into the technical feasibility and challenges of integrating Contract Secured ETH Revenue (CSR) directly with the Optimism Sequencer. The research insights will serve as a foundation for informed decision-making, contributing to the technical decentralization of the system.
Option B: Research of CSR System with OP Stack Where Compensation is Done with OP Tokens
This research initiative is aligned with the intent by exploring the integration of a CSR system with the OP Stack, utilizing OP tokens for compensation. The findings will contribute valuable insights into the potential benefits and challenges of connecting CSR with OP tokens, thus advancing the conceptual framework for a decentralized compensation system.
Option C: Actual Implementation of Option B
The practical implementation of Option B aligns directly with the intent by demonstrating the viability of integrating CSR with the OP Stack. By utilizing OP tokens for compensation in a working model, this option contributes tangible proof of concept, showcasing progress towards technical decentralization. The prototype serves as a practical step forward in realizing the decentralized compensation system outlined in Option B’s research. And a possible tool for future RetroPGF.
The overall intent is to advance technical decentralization, and each component of this Delegate Mission Request contributes significantly:
- Option A: The research on implementing CSR directly with the Optimism Sequencer enhances technical understanding, fostering decentralization by exploring direct integration possibilities.
- Option B: Researching CSR with the OP Stack and OP tokens aligns with the intent by investigating decentralized compensation mechanisms, contributing to the broader conceptual framework.
- Option C: The actual implementation of Option B provides a tangible demonstration, showcasing progress towards technical decentralization by integrating CSR with the OP Stack using OP tokens.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of the Optimism Sequencer architecture.
- Identify modifications or enhancements for CSR integration.
- Document research findings and recommendations.
- Analyze the OP Stack and relevant components.
- Explore tokenomics for integrating OP tokens into the CSR system.
- Document research findings, including advantages and challenges.
- Code and develop based on research from Option B.
- Deploy a prototype showcasing CSR with OP tokens.
- Document the implementation process and provide a codebase.
- The researcher is responsible for analyzing Optimism Sequencer architecture.
- Delivery of a detailed research report with identified modifications for CSR integration.
- The analyst is responsible for OP Stack analysis and tokenomics exploration.
- Delivery of a comprehensive research report outlining integration possibilities.
- Developer responsible for coding based on Option B’s idea.
- Deployment of a prototype showcasing CSR with OP tokens.
- Documentation of the implementation process and codebase.
- Evaluate the depth and clarity of insights provided in the research report.
- Consider the applicability of the findings to future development decisions.
- Assess the richness of information in the research report.
- Consider how well the findings inform the conceptual framework for a decentralized compensation system.
- Measure the functionality and effectiveness of the deployed prototype.
- Gather feedback from badgeholders and the community on the feasibility and potential of the implemented solution.
I consulted Kelvin Ficher, Kethic, and CSR fi team to understand the benefits of CSR and if it was possible to implement it in optimism.