Delegate Mission Request Summary:
To build custom Quest & Education infrastructure that improves and extends the onboarding experience for high-quality, anti-sybil verified users into the Optimism ecosystem, then actively engages them in non DeFi related onchain activities – specifically gaming, NFTs, and decentralized social. The Quest infrastructure should also have an education component, whereby users learn and answer questions about Optimism, The Superchain, and how to actively participate in governance.
S5 Intent: 3 improve the consumer experience
Proposing Delegate: Layer3
Proposal Tier: Fledgling Tier
Baseline grant amount: 200,000 OP
The OP should be distributed to anti-sybil verified wallet addresses, who complete repeat actions in non-DeFi related protocols, and have completed a comprehensive educational curriculum about Optimism.
Should this Foundation Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants: One or multiple
Submit by: To be set by Grants Council
Selection by: To be set by Grants Council
Start date: To be set by applicant
Completion date: To be set by applicant
How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?
The best way to learn is by doing and the Quest & Education infrastructure will make it easier for real users to onboard, learn, and actively explore Optimism and the Superchain. Moreover, it will allow emerging, non-DeFi, related projects to identify and connect with the ideal users for their protocol or dApp. The infrastructure should be precise in nature, allowing users to express their preference for which parts of The Superchain they want to explore.
Please explain alignment with the relevant Intent:
Over the past 12 months, there have been over a dozen new Layer 2 solutions released. Users and builders are overwhelmed with more places to transact and build. The intent is to onboard more users to the Optimism network by improving how they engage with practical use cases.
Education and Quest infrastructure, specifically catered towards non-DeFi use cases in the Optimism community, coupled with robust anti-sybil mechanisms, is fully aligned with the goal. Moreover, the mission calls for 100% of the grant to be distributed to new wallet addresses who 1) pass an anti-sybil check and 2) show repeat engagement across The Superchain.
What is required to execute this Delegate Mission Request?
In order to accomplish the goals set forth above, the project(s) should have:
- Anti-Sybil Verification: A robust anti-sybil verification method, similar to Coinbase Verifications, or comparable solutions.
- Educational Curriculum: A series of courses, or modules, that teach users about Optimism, and The Superchain, coupled with quizzes and a certificate.
- Quest Curation: Integrations with emerging, non DeFi, protocol and dApps in the Optimism ecosystem.
- Quest Creation: The ability to quickly and dynamically release Quests.
- Token Distribution: The ability to dynamically distribute OP to users who pass the anti-sybil verification and show repeated, high-value usage across The Superchain.
- Significant User Reach: A pre-built audience and network to distribute their Quests to the widest possible audience.
- Co-Marketing: A robust marketing campaign with distribution across several channels.
Please list responsibilities and/or expected deliverables
- Integration with Optimism Mainnet and Multiple Superchains
- Significant User Reach & Quest Distribution
- Native Educational Tooling & Testing
- Existing Relationships with Non-DeFi Teams
- Dynamic Token Rewarding Infrastructure
- Integration with Third-Party Anti-Sybil Mechanism
- Live Public Dashboard Demonstrating Impact & User Reach
- Wide Marketing Reach
How should the Token House measure progress towards this Mission?
- A detailed project plan including the number of Quests to be released, the timeframe, expected new user reach, user retention, and the anticipated number of transactions.
- A comprehensive educational curriculum designed to guide users from beginners to experts within the Optimism community.
- A concise outline detailing our non-DeFi launch partners and the process for other projects to start running Quests.
- A clear methodology for dynamic OP rewards, aimed at encouraging repeated and high-value usage.
- A straightforward approach to anti-sybil verification.
- A defined strategy for marketing and the distribution of Quests.
How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
- Number of new wallets active in the Optimism ecosystem
- Number of attributable transactions by new wallets
- Number of non-DeFi transactions in the Optimism ecosystem
- 3, 6, and 9 month retention of those wallets
Have you engaged a Grant-as-a-service provider for this Mission Request? No
Has anyone other than the Proposing Delegate contributed to this Mission Request? No