Delegate Mission Request Summary:
This mission proposal centers around building partnerships with academics who are already at the vanguard of incorporating blockchain technology, specifically Ethereum, into their university courses. This mission will strengthen this ongoing commitment by introducing a specialized module focusing on Optimism and RPGF (Public Goods Funding) within the Ethereum ecosystem.
S5 Intent : 4 Contributions that educate the broader community about Optimism governance and RetroPGF
Proposing Delegate: Jack Anorak
Proposal Tier: Fledgling
Baseline grant amount: 100,000 OP (20,000 OP per course, includes rewards to students). Mission management chooses to forego rewards in lieu of future RPGF rewards.
Should this Foundation Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants: Multiple
Submit by: To be set by Grants Council
Selection by: To be set by Grants Council
Start date: Dependent on course dates
Completion date: By Dec 31, 2024
How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?
- This mission will broaden the reach of Optimism’s work in governance by introducing a specialized module focused on Optimism Governance and RetroPGF. This module not only aims to provide students with a nuanced understanding of OP Governance and RetroPGF but also seeks to create a framework that rewards and recognizes the dedicated efforts of these educators while doing outreach to onboard more educators around the globe.
The mission will result in an Open Source Syllabus and playbook allowing other educators to replicate anywhere in the world.
Onchain Impact report including a registry of wallets, onchain attestations from students and a case study. This reporting will allow anyone to evaluate the impact of the mission based on onchain metrics, quality of syllabus, and content shared on socials.
What is required to execute this Delegate Mission Request?
- Minimum of three academics at three different institutions collaborating on open source syllabus
- Reporting Progress through socials and gov forum
Outreach and onboarding of other educators focusing on similar topics
- Onchain attestations from students rating experience
Onchain attestation from academics rating student participation and performance
- Case Study co authored by academics
- Database of onchain activities and txns
How should the Token House measure progress towards this Mission?
- These measures should focus on progress towards completion. Including expected completion dates for each is recommended
- Please be as specific as possible in defining measures of progress so that Token House delegates can accurately track execution
- There should also be some measure of quality measurement to ensure there is a fully complete syllabus; administrators will be responsible for a rubric listing all of the focus areas to be covered
How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
- Progress towards mission should be rated on progress reports from academics.
- This progress should commensurate with onchain activity demanded by the syllabus.
Have you engaged a Grant-as-a-service provider for this Mission Request?
Has anyone other than the Proposing Delegate contributed to this Mission Request?
The original draft was made by carlosjmelgar.eth