Collaborate with educational institutions to
- either integrate existing educational courses funded by Optimism
- or develop their own curricula
with the goal of enabling students to receive ECTS(or equivalent) credits for doing these courses.
S5 Intent 3: Improve the consumer experience
Proposing Delegate: DAOStewards
Proposal Tier: Fledgling Tier
Baseline grant amount: up to 50,000 OP
Should this Foundation Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants: Up to 5
Submit by: To be set by Grants Council
Selection by: To be set by Grants Council
Start date: Asap
Completion date: 30/12/2024
How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?
In previous seasons, the collective has funded several content and educational course creation initiatives to help new learners get acquainted with the Optimism ecosystem. The next step is to integrate these courses and educational content inside the curricula of educational institution so that these courses and content can be put to good use and actually help the DAO achieve its mission as opposed to being stand-alone courses on the internet
The Delegate Mission Request will help accomplish Intent 3 by collaborating with educational institutions to integrate existing educational courses funded by Optimism in the past seasons or develop their own curricula with the goal of enabling students to receive ECTS (or equivalent) credits for doing these courses.
This will improve the consumer experience by providing students with a more accessible and affordable way to learn about optimism while having an incentive of earning academic credits which will help them with graduation.
There can be two types of grant requests under this mission.
Existing courses which have on-chain credentialing with anti-sybil checks can be pitched to educational institutes as a prebuilt course. Grant requests under this category should focus on covering costs involved with integrating a prebuilt course as opposed to creating a course
If an existing course is unacceptable for the educational institution, the grant request shall focus on creating a course which is guaranteed to be approved for ECTS credits for the institution in question.
Please explain alignment with the relevant Intent
In order to incentivize students to understand the practical usecases of optimism, we must create options from them which will help them in their immediate goals. By understanding the core value-proposition of the Optimism network we can steer the attention of newbies away from speculative onchain use cases to those that create a real world impact.
What is required to execute this Delegate Mission Request?
- Collaborate with educational institutions to integrate existing educational courses funded by Optimism or develop their own curricula.
- Develop a system to enable students to receive ECTS (or equivalent) credits for doing these courses.
- Ensure that the courses meet the necessary academic standards and requirements.
- Provide regular updates on the progress of the project to the Token House.
Please list responsibilities and/or expected deliverables
- Teams are expected to adhere to the values of the collective in any interactions they have with educational institutions.
- The expected deliverable is an update or notification from an educational institute (via any of their official channels) stating the number of credits students can earn by doing a course related to Optimism.
How should the Token House measure progress towards this Mission?
- Number of educational institutions that have integrated Optimism-funded courses or developed their own curricula.
- Number of students who have received ECTS (or equivalent) credits for doing these courses.
- Percentage of courses that meet the necessary academic standards and requirements.
How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
- Number of new wallets with anti-sybil checks created.
- Number of new builders on optimism or participants in governance
- Percentage of students who have successfully completed the courses.
- Feedback from students and educational institutions on the effectiveness of the program
Have you engaged a Grant-as-a-service provider for this Mission Request?
DAOStewards helps groups inside BanklessDAO with their grant applications. This service is not offered to any individual or group outside the DAO.
Has anyone other than the Proposing Delegate contributed to this Mission Request?