OPTIMISM University Module in Costa Rica

The First Optimism University module has arrived to Costa Rica in CENFOTEC University, a leader in technological education."

We are pleased to announce the creation of a specially designed university program at CENFOTEC University to explore and delve into the technologies of Optimism, Governance, Blockchain, and Web3. This intensive 7-week module will provide participants with the tools and knowledge necessary to understand the workings of these revolutionary technologies and their transformative potential in various sectors of society.

MISSION: Integration of Optimism Gov and RPGF into University Courses

SCOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM

In addition to acquiring valuable knowledge and becoming an expert in Blockchain, Web3, and Optimism, you will receive economic incentives in the form of OP tokens, donated by the Optimism Grants Council to promote education and adoption of the technology

This course aims to equip students with comprehensive knowledge of blockchain technology, enabling them to embark on the Web3 journey. Students will learn about Ethereum, its properties, various mechanisms, layers, scaling with Optimism, and its current state.

Students will learn:

• Basic concepts of Blockchain and Web3

• What is Ethereum and Roll Ups

• Optimistic and Zero Knowledge

• Data availability & ETH Upgrades

• Optimism: potential and governance in Blockchain

• RPGF and Missions

• Creation of applications and smart contracts

• Unique opportunities: development, incentives, and jobs in Web3

Become an expert in the Superchain

Module Structure

• Module 1: Introduction to blockchain tech

• Module 2: Optimism & Layer 2s

• Module 3: Intro a Solidity

• Module 4: Advanced Solidity

• Finalization: Presentation of Final Projects and Graduation

The course starts on June 25, 2024, and will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the following time: 07:00 pm - 09:00 pm

Program Rules:

• Attendance is mandatory
  • You need to bring your Laptop
  • Quizzes and exams must be submitted on time.
  • Weekly reports on the forum are required.

There will be a call with the students on Monday 24 before the first session to address any questions that may arise.

We, as a community in Costa Rica, have assembled this Special Ops team to provide students with the best experience from various experts in their fields. Different members of the team will be invited as special guests to present real-life scenarios and practical examples to the students.

All the material discussed in the classrooms will be published here and made available for students and for others to use as well!

The final winners of the scholarship will be announced here on Saturday, June 22!

Please keep in mind that this is the first iteration of this module, and we can only accept 25 students. If you do not win a scholarship this time, the doors are still open for you. You are more than welcome to join our community, review all the material, and be a part of the process. We wish we could accept everyone, but we aim to continue offering these university modules in the future.

That’s why your feedback is crucial to the success of this initiative.

For more information and registration:

We look forward to seeing you on this exciting journey into the future of technology with Optimism at CENFOTEC!

27 Likes

Very excited to be part of this! Thanks @inbestprogram.eth for the opportunity!

7 Likes

Hello fab here, very happy that this kind of opportunities are happening in Costa Rica! I already applied to the program and if I get selected would be very happy to be part of it to expand my knowledge and understanding in Optimistic Rollups and their use cases!

Thanks to all the people that are making this possible.

6 Likes

Very excited to see courses tackling the fundamentals of such an important area even more in LATAM! I applied to the program, and would love to be part of it to understand the basics even more and learn anything that I can from the amazing team that @inbestprogram.eth gathered for the module.

Appreciate all the support from CENFOTEC, Optimism Grants Council, InBest and everybody involved to make this possible!

6 Likes

Hi everyone, my name is Adrián Serrano, a software engineer with several years of experience.
I really enjoy learning and playing around with new technologies, and I have been learning Web3.

I am so excited that this kind of opportunities are open to the public, in order to involve more people in tech. Thanks OP and Cenfotec!

4 Likes

Hello, I’m Joseph and I’m very happy to be here and opt for one of the scholarships that Optimisum offers us.
I am new to this world of Web3 and Blockchain but I want to learn and that is what has me here.

5 Likes

Hello, I’m Jay!
I’m very happy to be part of this awesome community. I hope we all achieve our goals with this course, hope I can meet you all in person soon. :smiley:

6 Likes

Hello, my name is Andrey, and I am genuinely interested in this opportunity. I would like to express my gratitude to the Optimism team for this opportunity, as I believe it will greatly benefit my career.

6 Likes

Hello everyone,

Kun here, I’m excited to express my interest in the Optimism University module. I’m eager to learn more about blockchain, Web3, Ethereum, and Solidity through this program. I believe this course will significantly enhance my understanding and skills in these areas.

Looking forward to participating and connecting with other enthusiasts!

6 Likes

Hello, I’m Ricardo
It’s amazing how Costa Rica is pushing with many opportunities like this to increase the web3 community. Thanks to CENFOTEC and Optimisim for this module and all the knowledge to be shared with amazing professionals in the country!
I hope to be selected for the scholarship as I’m starting my skillset transition from web2 to web3, and it’s really exciting to be around mentors and contributors of amazing projects in the industry.

Let’s connect
https://x.com/richbm10

6 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Emmanuel Aguero from Alajuela, Costa Rica. I graduated in Systems Engineering from the National University (UNA) and currently work as a Backend Developer.

I am excited to apply for the OPTIMISM University Module in Costa Rica. This program is a great opportunity for growth, and I look forward to learning and collaborating with everyone.

6 Likes

I really feel that programs like these will definitily bring more visibility and knowledge spread of how the internet is evolving and how many problems can be solved thru democratizing access to information and resources.
Thanks so much for this innitiative and looking forward to being taken into consideration to be part of it.

6 Likes

Amazing initiative! Very excited to form a part.

6 Likes

It’s inspiring to witness the evolution of high-value movements like this one.

I trully believe there is much talent, resources and opportunities to do things different in Costa Rica. Great things “our own way”. For the communities, the country, the region and even the globe. That’s the power of these technologies and that is special.

Excited for the opportunity to be a part of this!

6 Likes

Amazing work by @inbestprogram.eth for organizing this with Cenfotec University and Ethereum Costa Rica
I am very excited to share my knowledge with the students and see them grow professionally.

6 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am happy to be part of this module and learn a lot about this technology, also proud that these eventw are taking place in Costa Rica !!

Thank you to everyone involved in creating and working on the success of this project!!

4 Likes

Hi all, my name is Adrian Vargas, I am currently studying Computer Engineering at ITCR (graduating on September tho).

I am really excited to be part of this first module of OPTIMISM in Costa Rica, makes me proud to think I am going to be one of the first to receive this valuable knowledge.

5 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Gabriel Calvo Vargas, and I am a software engineer who graduated from Cenfotec. I am really excited about this opportunity that Cenfotec and Optimism are offering, especially with the collaboration of such great mentors. I am confident that this initiative will strengthen our community and bring a wealth of knowledge to the table.

I am looking forward to learning more about Web3 and its potential.

5 Likes

Hello,

My name is Fabricio Robles, very happy to have been selected for this opportunity, see you all in the classroom!

5 Likes

Hey! My name is Liseth González. I am a software engineer graduated from ITCR. This is a totally unknown area for me so I see a great learning opportunity here. I am so happy to be part of this great initiative. See you!

6 Likes