Education nominations for RPGF2

• The projects name: Optimism Africa Regional Dao
  • A description of how the project has supported development and usage of the OP Stack:
    This is a project designed to Onboard African Builders, spreading the adoption of Optimism locally across the African continent. Ushering in the “Super-chain’s” next line of developers.
  • A link to the project’s GitHub or Twitter: link
  • (optional) contact info for the project or project lead: link
    Project link:
    https://gov.optimism.io/t/draft-gf-phase-1-proposal-optimism-africa-dao/4737?u=hawwal
4 Likes
  • The projects name: Patrick McCorry / Cryptocurrency and Friends
  • A description of how the project has supported development and usage of the OP Stack:

Over the course of a few years, he has helped support the development of rollups - not specifically the OP stack by itself - but all rollup projects. He has done this by writing articles, papers and presenting at conferences to help explain how rollups work to a technical (and at times general) audience.

For example, even the idea that a rollup is a special type of bridge, and all we are working on is bridge engineering, is slowly coming into the terminology used by rollup projects. A lot of it seems obvious, but his writings has helped shaped that narrative.

Some of the articles include two SoKs on layer-2 protocols (one from 2018 and another in 2021), an online class dedicated to layer-2, several blog posts about mental models of bridges / rollups as an sdk. For presentations, he has iterated on the same talk about rollups which was presented at Ledger, Devcon, a16z, L2beats, BanklessDAO, etc.

Alongside a host of non-recorded talks, panels and general shilling of technical explainers/discussion on twitter. He isn’t associated with any rollup projects - which is why his content is so good, educational and honest. It is a bit strange that he does it all for free. Which is why it would be great to nominate him for this retrospective grant.

7 Likes
  • The project name: Austin Griffith + Build Guild
    • Austin Griffith has been powering developer education for years, originally supported through Gitcoin Grants and eventually through his full time work with Gitcoin and the Ethereum Foundation
    • While he’s created multiple critical projects, Build Guild in particular embodies the spirit of the web3 ecosystem by helping new devs get started and experience the magic of working in the ecosystem
    • Through his work in Build Guild and related educational efforts he’s inspired thousands of developers to quit their jobs and create their first projects, some of which have gone on to raise meaningful amounts of capital
    • No doubt as Optimism and the narrative around L2s grows more of these developers will start to leverage the OP Stack
  • A link to the project’s GitHub or Twitter:
7 Likes
  • The projects name: Optipunk
  • A description of how the project has supported development and usage of the OP Stack: Optipunk was the first NFT collection to be created on Optimism. Vitalik Buterin has publicly recognized them for 100% of the mint going to RPGF. Optipunk was the first NFT collection to do this on Optimism and has set the precedent for many other NFT collections that have contributed to RPGF on Optimism. It would certainly only be appropriate to reward the NFT project that stands and leads RPGF within Optimisms NFT marketplace.
  • A link to the project’s GitHub or Twitter: link
    Project link: https://www.optipunks.com/
2 Likes

Hello all - excited to make some nominations. Disclaimer: I’m doing this in my personal capacity, not as a representative of Coinbase.

• The projects name

Polynya

• A description of how the project has supported development and usage of the OP Stack

Polynya has been a prolific contributor to the overall thought space around L2s and rollups. I’ve learned a significant amount from their writing. They take a critical eye towards the scaling and adoption challenges that L2s face, which both contributes to their development and identifies additional room for improvement.

• A link to the project’s GitHub or Twitter

https://twitter.com/apolynya

4 Likes
  • The projects name: OptiChads
  • A description of how the project has supported development and usage of the OP Stack: OptiChads is an NFT collection, nah, a movement that promotes health and charity through a cheap public mint and up to 50% of secondary sales going to retroactive public goods. OptiChads comprises of some of the most hardcore Optimism fans from other projects who wanted to give something unique back to the community and provide a large revenue stream to retroactive public goods so we will continue to donate 50% in perpetuity.
  • A link to the project’s GitHub or Twitter: @OptiChads

5 Likes

Hello, dear Optimists !

Zain advised me to nominate myself in the category of educational content.

The projects name:

• Optimism Cult NFT and Optimism Cult Merch

A description of how the project has supported development and usage of the OP Stack:

I have been making a great contribution to the Optimism ecosystem for months now.
I create quality design that attracts people, increases the reach of the posts and thus I deliver important information to online users.

Yes, I do not have many subscribers now, but look at their activity and engagement. After all, it’s quality, not quantity, that matters.

At the request of my audience, I started work on an NFT collection that has no analogues - “Optimism CULT”.
It will be a collection of 780 hand-drawn NFT cultists, each with a unique design.

Each of my posts is hand-drawn, with love !

In the future, this NFT collection will be integrated into the pixel P2E game I’m working on the concept of, in parallel with the creation of the NFT collection.
Since I haven’t seen any games on Optimism yet, its unique design will make it №1 and be able to compete with the top games that are created on other blockchains.
Part of the proceeds will be used to hire psychologists who will provide counseling. (After all, psychological health is very important).

In addition, I’ve created a small line of designs for Optimism merch. Soon I will start to actively promote it and distribute branded clothing in my region.

Currently I am actively continuing to create content and promote Optimism on Twitter.

A link to the project’s Twitter - https://twitter.com/prosto_crypto

18 Likes

“I’ve nominated @Synpress_ for retroactive public goods funding from @optimismFND’s RPGF2. Synpress is an essential tool for automating valuable dapp testing, currently used by numerous projects including OP, SNX, Kwenta, and over 130 repos on Github. Learn more about DRPTBL’s contributions to the development community and the positive impact of his work on improving dapps.”

buidlbox

2 Likes

Hi everyone, please help me if I´m correct filling out the application on here:

• The projects name: Women Biz - Optimism education

Women Biz is a community of women empowering women through the web3.
We are a team of 20 ambassadors representing us across the country and more than 400 active women participating in our events.

Our focus areas are:

• Learning: Community learning can allow women to share their unique experiences and perspectives, which can enrich learning and promote greater diversity and inclusion in the team.
  • Networking: Creating support networks and synergies that help more women achieve their goals and have greater growth opportunities in personal and professional spheres.
  • Inspiration: Empowering and inspiring more women, we can create a more inclusive, equitable, and peaceful world.

About the project:
Would you like to help us impact more and more women? Our next project is focused on carrying out free courses that open the doors to Web 3, even if they don’t know anything about this world.
We want at least 10 women from different cities outside of Lima participating in this event.

Block 1: Introduction to web 3 - I
Basic concepts about web 3, blockchain, DeFi, NFT, cryptocurrencies. History of Bitcoin and Optimism ecosystem.

Block 2: Introduction to web 3 - II
Basic concepts about metaverse, networks, smart contracts, tokens and daos

Block 3: Specialization
Students are given the option to delve into a branch: Optimism ecosystem, DeFi, Art (NFT’s).

5 Likes

Hello,

i recommended @macchi_tommaso7 for the the educational content I’ve done around Optimism and the Ethereum ecosystem.
He is a content creator specialized in cryptocurrencies and created content to help interact with specific chains and dapps.
He has also created step-by-step guides on both Twitter and Youtube, create everyday 1 video :grinning:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/macchi_tommaso7
YouTube: https://youtube.com/@tommasomacchi7

4 Likes

Gm’ I would like to nominate on velodromes

•The projects name: VELODROME

•A description of how the project has supported development and usage of the OP Stack::

Velodrome is an Amm designed as the center trading and liquidity marketplace on optimism network

•A link to the project’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/VelodromeFi?s=09
1 Like
  • The projects name: Blocktrend(區塊勢-說人話的區塊鏈圖文)

Blocktrend(區塊勢)is a Taiwan-based media platform that focuses on blockchain and Web3 technologies. They have been publishing original and high-quality explanatory articles and podcast interviews since 2017 to help readers understand the Web3 space in a simple and easy-to-understand way and encourage them to gain hands-on experience. They have attracted around 15,000 subscribers to date, and have become a trusted source of information for many readers.

Blocktrend focuses on a wide range of topics related to blockchain and Web3, including DeFi, NFTs, DAO, and public goods. They have produced over 500 articles and nearly 200 podcast interviews to date.

Their goal is not to publish exclusive reports or get the most views, but to become the key for the most readers to understand the development trends of Web3. They also want to encourage the community to participate in the projects they write about.

Blocktrend has a strong reputation in the Taiwan blockchain community, and their content has been recognized by key figures in the space such as Vitalik Buterin and their podcast has been selected by Apple as the best representative program of 2022 in Taiwan.

Applying for RetroPGF is the most important part of their encouragement for people to participate. They hope to let people experience RetroPGF firsthand. This application text is jointly created by readers(Slido), and Blocktrend will also return 100% of the OP tokens obtained to all subscribers. This allows each supporter of Blocktrend to understand how RetroPGF works through firsthand experience, ultimately making RetroPGF more widely used and understood in Taiwan.

In summary, Blocktrend is a well-respected media platform that focuses on blockchain and Web3 technologies, providing high-quality and original content to help readers understand and participate in this space.

A link to the project’s GitHub or Twitter:

Three articles about Optimism and RetroPGF:

• RetroPGF:以社會影響力債券,把訂閱區塊勢的錢賺回來
  • Optimism 資助公共財:訂閱區塊勢就有機會領到 OP 代幣空投
  • Optimism 生態系入門指南
2 Likes

Project Name: Crypto Currency State CCC Youtube Channel

CCC is a educational youtube channel which provide step by step on how to get involved in various projects along with the background information.
its a clear and effective system which helps and understand the projects more easily. They have growing network and subscribers by each day. and I believe social media platform with organic communities are become the back bone of the projects. I like to think they are good to nominate as for me personally I gained lot of knowledge from their site

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@CryptoCurrencyState

1 Like

Nominating Forta Network

I nominate Forta network because Forta is a decentralized monitoring network to detect threats and anomalies on DeFi, NFT, governance, bridges and other Web3 systems in real-time. not only that with forta educational bot system you could learn how to create safety mechanism using Python.
Forta network has so far Monitoring over $30,354,411,921 in assets. its a vital aspect of the project to be protected at all costs

2 Likes

Hello Optimism world, i would like to nominate : OAYC

• The projects name: OPTIMISTIC APE YACHT CLUB (OAYC)

• A description of how the project has supported development and usage of the OP Stack: OAYC is the fastest growing NFT collection on Optimism Network, High quality derivative to BAYC completely hand-drawn and made of 170+ unique traits.

• The second collection which is logical extension of OAYC ecosystem. up to 10 000 mutants can be created with OAYC + Mutagen.

• The OAYC team worked on developing smart contracts for the Mutagen distribution and for the Mutation event, the very friendly teamhelped to contribute to the popularity of the Optimism ecosystem.

• Website and twitter: [https://oayc.io/ ] (https://twitter.com/OptiApeYC)

14 Likes

Hi guys, I can’t believe this wasn’t nominated yet but Defi Llama is the absolute best source of information I’ve found on all things DeFi, from dexes to bridges to TVL to, actually, everything
Even liquidations and funding rates

If we can allocate some part of OP Grants there, I’m CERTAIN it will help bring more normies into the crypto fold and help foster mass adoption

This is my first post ever but I am interested to contribute more :slight_smile:

1 Like

The projects name: Alpes das Criptos
A description of how the project has supported development and usage of the OP Stack: Alpes das Criptos is a Brazilian community focused on web3 and cryptocurrency investments. Alpes das Cryptos content is published primarily on Medium and Discord.
A link to the project’s GitHub or Twitter: https://twitter.com/alpesdascriptos
Contact info for the project: alpesdascriptos@gmail.com

2 Likes

Collections Name
Optimism NERDs

A description of how the collection has supported development and usage of the OP Stack
Anyone who has spent time in the Optimism Discord can clearly see the impact the NERD program (and its participants) have had on Optimism. Without their warm welcomes and fast answers, our Discord would not be the kind and accessible space it is today. The NERDs responsibilities range from moderation to support, sharing important information, reporting & removing scams, keeping the peace and spreading the ever important optimistic vibe :sparkles::red_circle:.

As such, the Optimism Foundation is nominating the NERDs for retroactive public goods funding. The NERD program has been running for just over a year now. As such, there are NERDs who have come and gone leaving lasting impact behind them, as well as new NERDs who are only just beginning. We strongly believe in rewarding those who help make Optimism the ecosystem we all know it could be :heart:

This proposal aims to distribute any allocated funding in the following ratios:

NERDs in training: 1

Alumni NERDs: 2

Support NERDs: 2.5

For example, if we have one of each NERD, and this proposal receives 100 OP, the NERD in training would get 18.18 OP, the Alumni would get 36.36 OP, and the active support NERD would get 45.45 OP.

The list of Nerds can be seen here

Collection Link
You can find the NERDs in the Optimism Discord, read more about a NERD responsibilities here

Disclaimer: Collections, a term used to describe projects without a single person or entity that can be verified via GitHub or Twitter, may only be nominated by the Optimism Foundation.

29 Likes

Collections Name
Optimism Translators

A description of how the collection has supported development and usage of the OP Stack
Making Optimism accessible is a massive task that requires the effort of dozens of people across the world. This undertaking is no trivial task, but the Optimism community has taken it on with grace and speed. The Optimism user docs, which help users with guides and information on lots of important topics (such as setting up your metamask wallet, how to bridge, how Optimism works, etc).

There are two main categories of translators: Those who contributed to our Crowdin to translate user documentation, and those who translated articles, Tweets, and other blogs. While this nomination is covering both types, going forward translations of articles and tweets will not be rewarded as they are now, as a more structured program will be rolled out.

For this nomination, only Crowdin translators who were proofreaders (approved translations) will be considered. This choice was made as a reflection of participation (translation amounts drop off dramatically as you can see for yourself in CrowdIn). Later this year the translation program will be overhauled to include sufficient rewards for translators. The Article translators list may not be complete, as we are only able to see the translations that get posted in Discord.

This proposal aims to distribute any allocated funding in the following ratios:

Proofreader: 2

Article translator: 1.9 - 1*

For example, if we have one of each translator, and this proposal receives 100 OP, the Proofreader would get 66.66 OP and the Article translator would get 33.33 OP.

The list of Translators can be seen here

Collection Link
You can find the Translators in the Optimism Discord

Disclaimer: Collections, a term used to describe projects without a single person or entity that can be verified via GitHub or Twitter, may only be nominated by the Optimism Foundation.

29 Likes

Collections Name
Optimism Ambassadors

The Ambassador program is much younger (and less established) than the other Community programs. However, that has not stopped them from having a massive impact. The ambassadors have created educational content, memes, infographics and generally make the optimistic vision their mission to spread. We are lucky to have such a talented group with us :heart:

As this program is much younger, the natural layers of contributors have not emerged. As such there is an even distribution between Ambassadors.

Ambassador: 1

For example, if this proposal receives 100 OP, and we had 100 Ambassadors, each ambassador would get 1 OP. Nice and easy!

The list of Ambassadors can be seen here

Collection Link
You can find the Ambassadors in the Optimism Discord

25 Likes