Delegate Suspension: Fractal Visions

Hi @FractalVisions -

Responding to your comments below:

This has been very difficult to overcome & feel as if it has damaged us in a way that made grant council reviews in cycle 14 & 15 bias towards our Builders Grant being approved.

• I will let @danelund.eth detail the process by which grants were approved or rejected, while noting that it is very serious to make these claims against candidates for the Grants Council during an ongoing election

Is there any sort of rules in the CoC that states a if a grants council member votes on a suspension of a delegate who is also applying for a grant they should abstain?

• There was no such rule in place at the time of this vote; Grants Council members are required to evaluate grants based on the merits of the application in an unbiased manner. There will not be similar votes in the future, so it does not make sense to consider this at this point. (As a reminder, the Delegate Suspension vote took place before Grants Council members were elected for Season 4.)

We were not given a fair chance to decide [on resignation] thus the forced vote that led to our suspension.

• I apologize if there was any confusion; I thought that specifying both the end of the review period and the day and time was specific enough. Clarification was not requested until four days later. The Foundation tried to implement a reasonable process while responding in real time to the first severe violation of the Code of Conduct and resulting delegate suspension vote.

Is there some sort of favoritism that @Carlosjmelgar is receiving because he is also a team member of Gitcoin staff for instance?

• This is an unsubstantiated claim, which is a violation of the Rules of Engagement, please refrain from further violations. The Foundation follows the same procedure with all Code of Conduct reports to the best of our ability, although there are some variables such as the timing of when reports are filed within the review periods. It is productive to provide feedback on your own experience; it is counterproductive and inappropriate to make unsubstantiated claims about other Optimists.

Is there any way to get the records of our suspension removed or burned from the system?

• The vote occurred on-chain, so there is an on-chain record. Information about the suspension does not live anywhere else.
1 Like