AIRDROP #2 eligibility process suggestions

maybe user on Optimism must verify twitter or discord accounts to elgibility airdrop #2

2 Likes

Gitcoin passport might be a better idea to filter sybils because brightID requires a video verification and not so many people are willing to provide their bio information. Just my 2c

NO NO NO! NO BOTS! Only real true people. Glory for UKRAINE!

1 Like

I disagree with the idea of implementing BrightID and Atlantis work for airdrop #2. I think it would be too restrictive and would limit the number of people who could participate in the airdrop. Additionally, relying on these methods to identify and eliminate bot accounts and multi-accounts may not be entirely effective and could lead to legitimate users being excluded from the airdrop. Overall, I think there are better ways to ensure a fair and legitimate launch of the project.

I like that second route, to verify Twitter and discord handles

https://www.getshield.xyz/Seriously though ā€¦

Shield API uses cross chain recognition and detects any interaction with malicious contracts or cash mixers to weed out the sybil attacksā€¦

Shield Bot Website

If you want to take this more seriously then read my comment and take a look at this security provider we work together with.

It is clearly a simple answer without anyone having to register their personal information or KYC

3 Likes

BrightID is not the best for bot prevention.
Galxe is and has been the best option.
BrightID gives this web 2 vibe, and it is also difficult to set up.
I have been trying for 2 months now to verify my BrightID but i have not been able to.
Use galxe.com it is more efficient

1 Like

In my opinion, options to preserve anonymity are still needed. A BAB token or Galxe-passport might be the best option.

if anyone suggest to use identity verification that person should go and use CEXā€™es instead of DeFi and DEXes. Crypto is all about anonymity, thatā€™s the basic.

Iā€™m agree with BrightID verification, for limited multipl account

3 Likes

What is BAB token? Never heard about it

is really good idea. For sure there are a lot of people who made many wallets to get couple of airdrops,

1 Like

Iā€™m for gitcoin passport, Iā€™ve had problems with bright id several times

1 Like

so If not bright, just sth else which could help verify users. For example get score 25pts on gitcoin passport.

1 Like

All multiaccs must die. Keep using usefull protocols and develop bright future together :innocent:

1 Like

Why would OP even do another airdrop to the same people that already hold OP or just dump it? It would make far more sense to airdrop with promising projects that have significant user base to airdrop to their users to drive further awareness and new adoption of OP

1 Like

I think it could be considered whether the Gitcoin passport a better way to filter out all sybil activities as it doesnā€™t only include the Bridght ID but also some other aspects like facebook, Gitcoin grants, poap etc. with which a non-sybil account can be evaluated from different aspects.

2 Likes

AttestationStation sounds interesting, though it seems to rely somewhat on user input if I am reading correctly. Do you know whether that has been going on? BrightID is designed specifically for anti-sybil though it still has some growth pains before it will be effective en masse.

1 Like

Which element within Galxe? The Galxe passport?

1 Like

thats what I wrote above. If you wanna get airdrop you need to get 25pts on gitcoin.

1 Like