AIRDROP #2 eligibility process suggestions

Well, actually I would like your opinion for the issue of airdrop #2 I think it would be good to implement BrightID, Atlantis work starting from there to be eligible since by these means there would be no Bot accounts, nor multi-accounts that would make a more real launch of who is supporting the optimism project

25 Likes

I am not familiar with BrightID but I donā€™t like the idea of Digital IDs because I rather value my anonymity.

Thatā€™s what I love about Crypto and what made me join it.

12 Likes

BrightID is a good start but in current form you need to attend a zoom call, show your face, which could be recorded, just to verify which is not ideal approach towards Identity

5 Likes

I agree but so many people can not install bright id to Pc as it is must to install to mobile

1 Like

I like BrigthID but if this is only for anti-Sybil attacks, we need AttestationStation to work for a few months and we will have our participants. No need for a zoom call, keep your anonymity, no mobile install, on chain and op native.

4 Likes

I think Galaxy OATs is a good and simple way to block Sybil-attack.
Because when you connect with galaxy it will ask you for Twitter and Discord and verify with your wallet.
BrightID is too difficult to use.

5 Likes

The Optimism team is trying to create SBT for each user. I donā€™t think they will use KYC when doing this. They will introduce us to WEB 3 using WEB 2 activity, attestation or different authentication options.
I trust the Optimism team.

3 Likes

I think itā€™s an excellent ideaāœ…

1 Like

Gitcoin passport best solution for the Sybil attack

5 Likes

Galaxy is the easiest and most convenient solution to prevent Sybil attacks

2 Likes

Yes. I like to think so.

1 Like

Gitcoin passport is a good choice to protect sybil :smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, Gitcoin passeport seems a very good option !

I donated in Gitcoin, but i didnā€™t know what Gitcoin passport is.
And I missed $GTC airdrop and I donā€™t know why.
Itā€™s hard to understand why i use Optimistic need to use Gitcoin donate website first.

Galxe is good because it has KYC passport.
Address with Bright ID also nice, to be verified we have to join conference. Thisā€™ll prevent a lot of sybils

Frankly didnā€™t even think about some of these options ā€“ learning a lot by reading :smile: Thanks yā€™all

1 Like

I feel a company like Shield would be ideal for this ā€¦
They have the technology to help sort out sybil attacks and we have partnered with them recently for our new NFT marketplace we are building on Optimism network.

SHIELD SECURITY

1 Like

I like the idea to implement BrightID.
Also I suggest to use some online game because bots and multiaccounts will not be able to play the game simultaneously. :grinning:

1 Like

I donā€™t think KYC process is a good idea.
A lot of people in crypto donā€™t like this.

2 Likes

Š”Š¾Š³Š»Š°ŃŠµŠ½ Š½ŃƒŠ¶Š½Š¾, Š° тŠ¾ Š±Š¾Ń‚Ń‹ Š¾Š±Š½Š°Š³Š»ŠµŠ»Šø :upside_down_face:

1 Like