Airdrop #1 Feedback Thread

Totally agree, we can army of sybil in Hop. OP should implement the same method too. We should not and must not reward Bot and Sybilers.

edit- *see

4 Likes

Yes, HOP sybil attacker list will close May 24. The team should use that list to blacklist those sybil (and others people or team have found)
This is the HOP list hop-airdrop/eliminatedSybilAttackers.csv at master · hop-protocol/hop-airdrop · GitHub it started at 10k found by the team, and users (then reviewed by HOP team) have found 30% more making it 13k.

4 Likes

thats a quite logical statement. worth considering for all protocols.

award the users who still active after snapshot announcement

Although this idea sounds interesting, I don’t think it’s practical. Because it’s impossible to trace off-chain plus it’s hard to define what is considered as a sell action.
Here are some examples, people could short perp on CEX(if OP is listed) or they could provide concentrated liquidity on Uniswap V3 to act as a limit sell order, or you could even borrow against OP for stable on AAVE(if OP is listed) and get liquidated purposely, which act as a form of selling but with price discount.

1 Like

Hi all, over the past few weeks, we have been searching for additional sybils as discussed above in this thread. We’ve removed over 17k sybil addresses and recovered over 14 million OP, redistributed proportionally to the remaining holders. More details can be found here in the docs.

If you have any feedback on this filtering process, please feel free to drop a comment in this feedback form. We may use this feedback to inform future OP Airdrops.

9 Likes

Thank you. Not rewarding Bot and Sybiler was needed.

Huge respect to OP for this.

1 Like

Wow man makes me happy to read this!! Bye bye bad actors!
Thanks team for taking the job and the extra time for this!! And also all the great Optimistic citizens taking their time for doing research and track those bad actors.

You have restored my faith in optimism. Awesomeness.

Fantastic work. I’m glad we addressed the issue. :+1:

I would like to suggest something for Optimism

• We should filter out sybil by filter the number of transactions of address. If some addresses that have the transaction in OP only 1-2 transactions, that’s mean they create new wallet to hunt the airdrop.

• One more thing to prevent OP from sybil attack is that “sybil bounty”. We can propose more $OP for those who can point out the sybil.

• For the airdrop logistics, we should distribute 10% weekly.

Very hard to do no eth faucet on testnet

Thank you for seriously consider blacklisting about Sybil attackers

Thank you for organize sybil

The size and amount of transactions should be another factors for airdrop eligibility!

1 Like

#2 airdrop should allocate for #1 HODL who believe in a power of OP

Please consider the HODLers from Airdrop#1 for the Airdrop#2, those are the true believers for Op family

Maybe we can get experience from PSP and hop.

Airdrop formulas need some weights. The more usage, The more airdrops. The usage can be regarded total transaction values.

Frist of all, I have to say Thank you that the team prohibited sybil which, The Sybil attacker draining many OP tokens and it seem to be protect in the future. Anyways, I have an idea about Airdrop that you can make an easy condition related to the next airdrop for who is the new OP to contribute it to them and can make a new user to use this block such as any glamming game, coin flit or any betting by OP chips.