Delegate Mission Request Summary:
This mission request aims to fuel development on the Optimism network by hosting four hackathons in major European cities like Brussels, Paris, and Berlin, coinciding with key web3 events (e.g. scheduling a hackathon in Brussels during July’s EthCC) to capitalize on the influx of talent and interest. These hackathons will directly contribute to increasing developer engagement with Optimism, resulting in innovative apps and heightened network adoption.
S5 Intent Please list the Intent your Request aligns with here: Intent 2 - Grow the Superchain
Proposing Delegate: SEED Latam delegation team
Proposal Tier: Applications must be submitted by teams at the Fledging Tier.
Baseline grant amount: 60k OP (15k OP per location)
Should this Foundation Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants: Multiple (one per hackaton organized).
Submit by: To be set by Grants Council
Selection by: To be set by Grants Council
Start date: Not Applicable
Completion date: Before the end of 2024.
How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?
The mission proposal advocates for the organization of hackathons across major European cities, aligning with prominent web3 events to attract a diverse pool of talent. The objective is to inspire entrepreneurs—developers, marketers, designers—to become acquainted with and develop on the Optimism network and the superchain.
Hackathons have been the birthplace of many innovative projects, and by endorsing such collaborative events, Optimism can fuel the creation of unique applications and increase activity on the network. The success of these hackathons could be measured by the goal of each event hosting approximately 30 teams, encouraging a surge of fresh ideas and increased adoption of the Optimism ecosystem.
What is required to execute this Delegate Mission Request?
- Audience: Open to anyone ready to create and innovate whether they are familiar with Optimism or not - not only software developers but also designers, marketers, etc.
- Location & Venue: Centrally located space for 150+ people, easily accessible by public transport.
- Format: 1 or 2-day hackathon with teams of 2-6, from various fields, plus expert coaches for support.
- Content: Teams have the freedom to tackle any project they believe will benefit the Superchain’s growth. For hackathon ideas, amongst other, teams could find inspiration from open issues listed here: Contribution Opportunities, Mad Science Project Ideas, Draft Project Ideas and Ecosystem Project Ideas
- Jury: 5 experts from the Ethereum and Optimism communities to judge the projects.
- Prize pool per hackaton: 5k OP
- Complimentary Offerings: Free entry, plus drinks and food like barbecue.
Budget and Resources (10k OP)
- Venue rental and setup costs.
- Operational and logistical expenses.
- Marketing and promotional materials.
How should the Token House measure progress towards this Mission?
To gauge the progress towards this mission, the Token House should track the following metrics:
- Event Delivery: Ensure the hackathon takes place as planned, without any significant delays or cancellations.
- Attendee Count: Keep a record of the total attendees present (thanks to attestations with EAS or claimed POAPs).
- Project Submissions: Monitor the number of teams that submit a completed project by the end of the hackathon.
How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
Upon completion of the mission, badgeholders should measure its impact using the following indicators:
- Registration Tally: Record the total number of people who registered for the event to assess interest and reach.
- Proof of attendance: Count the POAPs claimed to gauge actual engagement and participation in the event and/or the number of EAS attestations that were issued.
- Team Submissions: Track the number of teams that successfully submit a project, which reflects the active involvement and productive output of the event.
Have you engaged a Grant-as-a-service provider for this Mission Request?
Has anyone other than the Proposing Delegate contributed to this Mission Request?
Original source here.