Users who sold the initial OP airdrop should become ineligible for all future airdrops

Still have my op. Like the project.

I like this idea OP airdrop

I hate this. I was airdropped 241 OP. I sold it all and bought back cheaper. I now have 5k OP. Should I be penalized for that? I think not especially since I bought back 20x more than I was given

2 Likes

This is a good idea for those large accounts but for accounts that received >1000 OP itā€™s unreasonable especially if the funds never left the ecosystem. I personally sold the majority of my drop over months and months to open other positions and participate in OP quests. I hold some to participate in governance and Iā€™m rebuilding my OP slowly with farming from the OP grant protocols. I vote for excluding large accounts that sold and bridged out quickly. Everyone else should qualify.

I sold 23% of my airdrop because I needed liquidity, I would unfortunately find to be penalized for that

1 Like

Fair but you might be missing out on some valuable community members.

I understand this and would totally agree if I had been in this space as long as the rest. Iā€™m sharing my perspective so that you might consider a little grace.

I am just now coming to a full understanding of the governance and public good space. I had no idea, all of my people were on this side of the blockchain. When I got my OP drop, I held it for a bit but sold it because I didnā€™t have a deep enough understanding of the culture or the mechanics of your work.

About 6 weeks ago, worn out from the NFT space, I took some time off. I was working with 40 Acres Dao during their Gitcoin grant round and my head popped completely off! Immediately I dove110% into the studying what everyone is doing here. I am gifted at onboarding and educating people because of these challenges because it takes me a little longer to wrap my head around everything.

I love being in and around communities like OP. Itā€™s inspiring and gives me hope again. I just paid some big bills and buying back my coins back isnā€™t possible right now, especially because Iā€™ve struggled to monetize all the work I love the most.

I donā€™t know the solution because the points are more than fair. There is so much shallow greed in crypto but there has to be others like me who just needed more time. Iā€™m ready to lie in the bed that I made, but felt it was important to point out that OP could potentially be missing out on some valuable members.

Appreciate your time.
Trish.

4 Likes

I agree!

Hi Trish,
Iā€™m glad to hear your story. This is what OP airdrop was about, to bring people like you to this community. I think the best we all can do is to forget about future airdrops and start building and participating. The best we can get here arenā€™t OP token, but learning and having the opportunity to share with great people.
Welcome, and I hope to hear from you around.

4 Likes

Totally agree with you.

agree, at least a portion

Itā€™s like saying, no other token can come in the OP eco-system because only OP token holds value in the OP eco-system.

1 Like

I say no.OP airdrop would be incentive not punishment.

Wasnā€™t 7k-ish the max amount? How did people get 32k OP?

1 Like

Well said, that way it shows who is dedicated to Optimism.

Hey thereā€™s a ton of material to catch up on! Ive been in the defi space since FEB 2020 and id like to say ive not had many drops but those and my personal money has go into my defi education of trial and error. Isnt that something? Dont exclude me!! Thanks.

I could tell you where my 98 op airdrop went but it would take forever!

Good point. I agree.

Strongly agree with this !

I dont think that this is the way to go.

So I sold only 200 #op & have since bought back and increased holdings & sent some to a few of the exchange I use & i am really active in ecosystem & am launching my own nft on optimism.io blockchain so ypu saying i should never get an airdrop?? Thatā€™s totally fvcked up & makes me want dump & not ever invest my time or art or my money in optimism.io

1 Like

I agree with this in principle, although I think we should be careful in drawing up the requirements for future airdrops. Selling part or all of the OP airdrop, yet still keeping funds in the Optimism ecosystem (through providing liquidity, for instance) probably shouldnā€™t be punished. People who simply sold the airdrop and left probably shouldnā€™t receive any more though. We want to reward those who continue to use Optimism, be that through governance and/or engaging with protocols on Optimism.

Itā€™s a matter of setting what the minimum threshold for an active citizen should be.