Unclaimed airdrop to be burned?

Do you agree that team should burn unclaimed 1st airdrop to a deadline voted by users?

33 Likes

Airdrop recipients have time to claim their airdrop until 1 year after the release. I can imagine after that deadline expires the tokens will be send back to the treasury. I don’t see any chance to discuss a possible burning of unclaimed tokens until then

25 Likes

i like that proposal burn it please it will help the comunity

4 Likes

carry it over to the 2nd round of airdrops

11 Likes

I don’t think it helps the community - burning only makes token price go up. Sending tokens to treasury after some time is better plan to increase Optimisms war-chest as opposed to deflation. Why punish wallets that might discover Optimism later and claim airdrop - they can still become active community members just because they weren’t around for $OP mint.

12 Likes

Previously, some media exposed that the claim contract has a one-year validity period, but the real claim contract is not the same address, not sure if there is really a one-year validity limit? If you are an airdrop beneficiary who is concerned about and participating in the OP project community, you should not wait a year to know the claim, so support this proposal, and take back the unclaimed tokens after 3-6 months, which will be superimposed on future airdrops!

3 Likes

Actually can claim within 1 year, but if that person doesn’t come. It could also mean that the person not participating in the OP project or come in first to get airdrop so maybe the team have to consider to reduce the time for claim , My opinion is reduced to 6 months is fairly.

4 Likes

Yes, 3-6 months is fair. As I said above, an airdrop beneficiary who pays attention and participates in optimistic airdrops is unlikely to know that he can claim OP for several months.

2 Likes

I think may be give them more time , you know the true life people have too many things to do ,may be hurted by other ,may be in WAR , may be have to left home to face truble!

1 Like

carry it over to the 2nd round of airdrops

5 Likes

I think this is a discussion to be had in 12 months time when we’ll know how much of the airdrop remains unclaimed.

4 Likes

Burn, let the mofo burn

1 Like

What would be the advantage of shortening the claim period? Surely the goal isn’t to try and increase the number of people who miss out on their allocation?

2 Likes

I think it’s good. The rise of tokens will enable more people to join the community. Airdrop is the first time to attract people to join, but burning the token that has not been received will once again attract more people to join the community and pay attention to this project

I do not think this is possible. It goes back to Treasury.

Reclaiming the Treasury

1 Like

It should almost be reallocated to the addresses that do claim as to keep the proportions of community owned tokens the same :man_shrugging:

The airdrop is claimable for 1 year from the drop time. After this period all unclaimed funds go to the treasury.

Proposals about what to do with those funds are premature, as we cannot access the funds irrespective of governance decisions for a year.

1 Like

That would be a good choice.

Send unclaimed tokens to OP treasury

2 Likes