Tribuni Alpha Launch: Telegram Mini-app Built by Delegates for Delegates

Being a delegate requires constantly staying up-to-date due to the sheer volume of information that needs to be digested. I experienced this firsthand during my time as the governance co-lead at @blockchainatusc.

To address this pain point, we are excited to announce the alpha launch of the Tribuni Telegram Mini-app, a governance info aggregation app built by and for delegates.

Tribuni allows delegates to receive alerts on live proposals, get proposal summaries, and stay updated on the superchain ecosystems such as Optimism, Synthetix, Frax, and more. We chose Telegram as our platform because it has the highest concentration of crypto users and offers a mobile-first, all-in-one experience. This allows users to receive updates seamlessly without needing to switch between different apps, which helps to reduce the tooling silo in governance, making it more engaging and convenient for users. This project emerged from the ETH Denver 2024 hackathon, and we have continued to develop it since then.

We would like to extend our gratitude to all the beta testers (@Juanbug_PGov @brichis @katie @rshuel @LauNaMu @v3naru_Curia @chaselb @jayyu23) for their invaluable help and feedback. Additionally, we appreciate the generous grant provided by the Grants Council, which has made this project possible.

We invite you to start using Tribuni_Bot with the invite code: POTATO

We are actively developing new features as outlined in our grant applications and eagerly anticipate user feedback. Please join telegram groupchat for technical support and to share your thoughts and experiences with us.

10 Likes

Hey @Sator, really good solution!

I was looking for a tool like that to keep me updated when new proposals are live, so this useful.

Here some of my recommendations (point of view as user, delegate & PM):

1. It would be good to have a search engine within the section of each Dao to search for a specific proposal.

(In this section)

1. It would be good to point out up to what time window the proposals are shown.

(Maybe in the Dao Section)

1. It would be good to indicate with what time window the information is synchronized, from when it is published until you receive the alert, is it almost instantaneous?

2. Although we receive the alert when a new proposal is added, it would also be good to set the option before expire it. Alert yourself 1 or 2 days before they expire to be aware of voting (I know many people are busy and sometimes we always wait until the last few days to vote, so it would be a good idea to have that alert too). I see the option 24h, 72h, 7 days, would be nice to specific the reference of that time, it’s after posted or before deadline?.

3. Just for my user navigation, I’d like to recommend this position. Also a question, the time zone is local, isn’t it?

Hope it can be useful.
Let me know if you have any questions.

All the best!
Lili

3 Likes

V helpful suggestions. Thank you so much will take into considerations!

2 Likes

Cool, glad to help anytime! :blush:

1 Like

Thrilled to share some exciting updates on Tribuni since our launch:

The Tribuni mini-app now has 25 users! A huge thank you for all the support. If you haven’t joined the community yet, you’re missing out! Head over to Tribuni Bot and use the invite code: POTATO

The Optimism Proposal is now live. Don’t miss your chance to cast your vote!

We’ve also released a mockup for the forum summary, seeking input from the OP Collective. The summary features two key sections: TL;DR, which gives a quick overview of the proposal and its importance to delegates, and Community, which highlights diverse opinions from the forum post. Let us know what features you’d love to see in the forum summary. Your feedback is invaluable, and we’ll do our best to incorporate it!

3 Likes

Congrats for your lunch guys!!! :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

That’s a good section “community’s feedback” and also to have the telegram chat group link would be nice. :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

Tribuni Feature Update

Staying updated on governance forum activities is now a breeze! Tribuni presents the OP Forum Digest.

Stay ahead of the curve with our Telegram mini-app, designed to keep you in the know with the latestdiscussions from the Op Forum. Each day, our LLM dives deep into the forum, processing hundreds of thousands of tokens to bring you a concise and insightful digest. You’ll get a TL;DR for every key post, breaking down the most important content and insights into bite-sized bullet points. Plus, we highlight the pulse of the community with real-time sentiment analysis and spotlight the most impactful feedback from the OP collectives.

Want to see more forums featured on Tribuni? Drop your suggestions in the comments below! We’re kicking things off with the superchain ecosystem, and we’d love your input. If you’re the go-to person or know someone who can help us expand, connect with us in our group chat or shoot us an email at tribunixyz@gmail.com.

As always, we invite you to start using Tribuni today with the invite code: POTATO. We are actively developing new features outlined in the OP grant and eagerly anticipate user feedback.

1 Like

I’ve been using the bot since you shared the alpha code and it’s been a life changer even if just for the reminders of time expiry. Great job on the forum summaries as well, I really enjoy receiving them directly!

1 Like

Preciate your feedback and glad you like it. Feel free to ping us for new feature ideas here or in the alpha chat.

Hey, congrats for all the job you have done in this project, it’s really friendly!! :partying_face::partying_face:

I have a question, the synchronization between what is shown in the forum and tribuni is immediate or is there some time lag?

Thanks in advance!
Lili

1 Like

Hey Lili,

Glad you enjoy our work! Synchronization is hourly. That includes both new topics and replies/posts under existing topics.

2 Likes

That’s cool, thanks for your reply!!

1 Like

Exciting Metrics from Tribuni!

Since Tribuni’s launch in July, 31 OP enthusiasts have chosen Tribuni as their gateway to governance participation. Tribuni has since provided 19 vote summaries, 114 forum topic summaries and 672 forum feedback analysis.

Among Tribuni subscribers are 23 active OP delegates who represent a total of 18.6M delegated vote power. That is 20% of total votable supply and almost 50% of recent proposal votes!

We sincerely thank you for trusting Tribuni, and invite you to share this free public good with fellow delegates. As always, please reach us directly with feature ideas. Cheers!

3 Likes