Security Council Member Nomination: Emiliano Bonassi

Please indicate if you are running to be the Council Lead or a Council Member:
Council Member

Does this nomination represent an individual or organization:
Individual

Candidate country of residence (or, if an entity, incorporation and principle place of business):
Italy

Have you previously served on Optimism’s Security Council:
No

Have you previously served on any other Council or Board in the Collective:
No

Are you a representative of OP Labs:
No

Are you a representative of another OP Chain:
No

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate profile:
No

If you are a member of the Citizens’ House, please link to your most recent attestation here:

Please outline your contributions, and their impact, to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

Day by day maintaining and upgrading 20+ op-stack mainnets with Conduit, like Zora and Mode. Offchain and onchain (msig) ops. Found and fixed issues on optimism code base affecting batching and scaling high-throughput rollups with new approaches like SuperBlobs.

Please demonstrate any non-Optimism experience you believe is relevant to this role:

• Lead the major upgrade for 4844 on the biggest set of mainnet rollups
  • Active in web3 security since 2020, in many war rooms and finding security issues on projects like Yearn, Synthetix
  • Protocol multisig at Aura Finance and Sherlock Audit
  • Advocating security practices and building security open-source tools like whitehacks-kit and multisig best practices
  • Worked at Amazon Web Service as Sr. Technical Account Manager, leading critical escalations for enterprise customers

Please elaborate on your technical background, including your expertise score (more info on this shortly):

I have strong foundations in cloud infra, node engineering and web3 smart contract development. I’ve been managing high-pressure incidents/critical ops in web3/web2 environments, quickly assessing impact and creating get to green plans, engaging properly key stakeholders towards resolution. Example here. Practically, from analyzing code and technical resolutions to coordinate/structure external communication, keeping track of community temperature.

More on my personal page and github.

Please elaborate on your experience with relevant member (or Lead) requirements:

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Security Council member:

I think a great Security Council member combines deep technical expertise of the OPStack with exceptional communication skills and a strong bias for action. They must understand complex security challenges, take decisive action, and articulate strategies clearly, ensuring both technical teams and non-technical stakeholders are aligned. Balancing technical insight with proactive decision-making and clear communication is key to driving effective security outcomes, ensuring OP ecosystem have highest security standards.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest:

None

Please verify that you understand you may be removed from this role via the Representative Removal proposal type in the Operating Manual :
I understand

Please verify that you understand that election is subject to successful completion of a Foundation screen which may include KYC/AML, sanctions screening, and a requirement to sign a standard contract: [No/Yes]
Yes

Please verify that you are able to commit ~5 active hours / month to fulfill the Member Responsibilities. Please note that there is an “on-call” aspect to this role that is not fully encompassed in the active hours estimate: [No/Yes]
Yes, definitely

4 Likes

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

I am an Optimism Delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to vote.

We are an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and believe this candidate is ready to move to an election

I’m an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power, and I’m excited to see Troy on the security council.

I am one of the Synthetix Ambassadors, and I am an Optimism delegate [Delegate Commitments - #65 by mastermojo ] with sufficient voting power, and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

I am an Optimism Delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal with experience on maintaining major superchains is ready to move to a vote.

• I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power, and believe this proposal is ready to move towards a vote.

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power, and believe this proposal is ready to move towards a vote

Thank you everyone for the support!

2 Likes

hey @Gauntlet @AnthiasLabs et al thanks again for the support

voting is now live!

feel free to confirm your preference there :raised_hands::handshake:

1 Like