Season 6 Nominations: Grants Council

Grants Council Self-Nomination

Hello OP community, I contributed to the Grants council as part of the Season 5 Milestones and Metrics subcommittee member and would love to contribute to the collective again in Season 6.

Council sub-committee: Milestones and Metrics subcommittee

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate profile: Not a delegate

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: N/A

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: (You may link to your profile on Karma , if applicable.) N/A

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: N/A

Do you have a technical background?: If so, please elaborate

Yes, I am a full stack developer by profession. I have been writing code for a really long time. These days, I spend my dev time programming contracts in Solidity. In 2017, I started a website to teach blockchain programming to developers and ran it for 5 years. I am comfortable reading code in most programming languages, can fully read and understand smart contracts. In the past, I have architected and built highly scalable systems from scratch. I have been in the crypto space for close to a decade, have deep understanding of various protocols at a technical level.

As part of Season 5 Milestone and Metrics subcommittee, I was able to play a crucial role in evaluating technical projects (apart from other projects), inspect code contributions when needed and test and evaluate the projects. Having a strong technical skillset enabled me to accomplish the subcommittee tasks thoroughly.

Please demonstrate any non-Optimism experience you believe is relevant to this role and/or your sub-committee:

At Karma, we’ve received grants from Optimism and numerous other DAOs for our products over the last two years. I have gained firsthand experience with the entire grant process from the application, grant decision to post grant process. I believe I deeply understand the strengths and weaknesses of the programs across many DAOs.

Through building our product GAP, I interact with many grantees and program managers on a daily basis. One of the core features of GAP protocol is to help grantees with milestones and tracking.

All these experiences make me an ideal candidate to continue carrying out the work I and other subcommittee members started in Season 5.

Have you previously served in a representative (appointed or elected) role in the Collective? If so, please specify which:
Yes, I was one of the three members of the Milestone and Metrics subcommittee along with @Juanbug_PGov and @v3naru_Curia.

Please outline your contributions, and their impact, to the Optimism ecosystem to date:
I have contributed to the Optimism ecosystem by building a number of products which are all being actively maintained. Below are few products our team has built:

1. Karma Delegate Dashboard - Dashboard to provide visibility and accountability into delegate activity, facilitate delegate discovery and delegation for tokenholders. You can see this dashboard being used by few delegates in this very same thread to show their stats/activity :slight_smile:

2. Snapshot Proposal gating - Built using EAS on Optimism, community members can endorse who can create proposals on Snapshot.

3. DAO Delegate Registry - Onchain delegate registry on Optimism we built in collaboration with other DAO tooling companies. The registry has already been integrated into delegate dashboard.

4. GAP - Grantee Accountability Protocol to let grantees post milestones and updates onchain through EAS on Optimism. This is being used by a number of communities such as Gitcoin, Public Nouns and Pokt. Grantees from these communities have been using this protocol and application to keep their communities updated on their progress and impact.

5. Season 5 Milestones and Metrics subcommittee: I was part of the 3 member subcommittee. We were able to successfully evaluate hundreds of application milestones and updates throughout the entire season. My responsibilities included evaluating project milestones, evaluate them on completion, follow-up with projects and resolve any conflicts with builders that arose during the season.

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Mission Application:

A good mission application clearly articulates how it will accomplish its mission. It should precisely define the problem and present a well-thought-out solution. Additionally, it must explain how the project will achieve adoption, detailing the strategies and actions to engage users and stakeholders. The application should outline the various phases of the project, providing clarity on the milestones and timeline. It should also specify the immediate outcomes and how these will be measured. Lastly, the application should address the long-term impact, demonstrating the project’s sustainability and lasting benefits.

What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 6 Intents?:

For progressing decentralization, I am interested in projects focusing on Governance that can help the voting power dissipate to more delegates instead of being concentrated among few top delegates.

For bringing more application developers, I would love to see more projects in socialfi and NFT space. With the cost of transacting on Optimism even less post eip-4844, many fully onchain applications can be built.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest: None

Please verify that you understand you may be removed from this role via the Representative Removal proposal type in the Operating Manual : Yes, I understand.

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 6:: Yes, I understand

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations: Yes, I’m able to commit ~20hrs/week.

1 Like