A Web3 Educational and Training Program
- The opportunities in Web3 are limitless but without proper education, it would be difficult to take full advantage of these opportunities. We at ProXifyDAO believe that Web3 education is the most important step for Web3 to reach mass adoption and become as mainstream as Web2.
- We will solve the problem of onboarding by creating a proper working schedule that allows the students to transition into various Web3 working groups easily.
- We are creating a unique program that is easy to understand for everyday people, we are looking to build the most comprehensive Web3 courses ever.
- The major reason we believe we will succeed, however, is that our education program goes beyond just teaching the participants. The robust program teaches and provides industrial experience to enrollees during the course of the program and provides on-chain certifications at its end to help them build their on-chain resumes. On top of this, we would also be providing real time mentorship on request of enrollees.
Yes, our Web3 education course is likely to bring new builders to the Optimism ecosystem. By providing a comprehensive and accessible curriculum on Web3 and its various applications, we aim to lower the barriers to entry for individuals and teams interested in building on Optimism.
The course will cover the fundamentals of Web3, including blockchain technology, decentralized applications (dApps), and smart contracts, as well as more advanced topics such as scaling solutions like Optimism. By teaching people how to build in Web3 and providing them with the knowledge and resources they need to get started, we can help attract new builders to the Optimism ecosystem.
Moreover, the course will provide participants with hands-on experience in building on Optimism through practical exercises and projects(bootcamps). This will not only increase their skills but also incentivize them to continue building on the Optimism network after completing the course.
We do not see anyone as competitors. What is of utmost importance to us is that we push towards the mass adoption of Web3. We are even more than willing to collaborate with other projects that share our vision.
What makes your founders well-positioned to accomplish your goals with this project (1-2 sentences on each)?:
Mati Michael is vastly experienced in DAO operations and project management. He is the DAO Organization Lead at PopcornDAO after working as a DAO core Operations Contributor at Aragon.
Hamzat Temi is a seasoned content strategist and the community hub Lead at DIA DAO .
Olokoji is a DAO legal analyst and crypto policy researcher who has been in the Web3 ecosystem for over 2 years now. He has a very vast understanding of the inner workings of the ecosystem and is willing to share this experience with every one.
Eric Jin – blockchain full-stack developer.
Scott Peters – branding and marketing strategist.
Alo Precious – DeSci growth and communications at Molecule.
I understand that Builders grants are subject to a 1-year lock-up, as explained further in this post 3: [Yes/No]:
Is your project funded? If so, provide an estimate of how many months of funding runway your project has:
The grant will be geared towards covering the cost of the development, implementation and follow-up of the educational program.
These costs include research, creation of the educational content (syllabus, modules, videos), team/individual projects, campaigns, contributor compensation, tooling and operational costs.
Define the curriculum: The first step will be to define the curriculum for the program, which will cover topics such as blockchain basics, smart contracts, decentralized applications (dApps), decentralized finance (DeFi), and more.
Develop the course content: The team will then work together to develop the course content, which will include instructional videos, written materials, and hands-on exercises.
Test the course content: Once the course content is developed, it will be tested with a small group of beta testers to ensure that it is effective and easy to understand.
Refine the course content: Based on feedback from the beta testers, we will refine the course content to make it even more effective and user-friendly.
Launch the course: Once the course content is finalized, we will launch the course on a hosted platform (Moodle).
Promote the course: To ensure that the course reaches as many people as possible, we will promote it through social media, advertising, and other channels.
Feedback and Quality Control: As people take the course, we will get and monitor feedback and make adjustments as needed.
Expansion and Evolution: As Web3 technologies continue to evolve, the team will continue to expand the course content to cover new developments and advancements.
Please provide any additional information that will facilitate accountability:(smart contract addresses relevant to the proposal, relevant organizational wallet addresses, etc.)
We have a 3-phase distribution plan
- Payment for contributors and tools: we intend to use a portion of the OP tokens to compensate contributors who have worked on the development of the education course and associated tools, such as the platform where the course will be hosted. These contributors could include developers, educators, and others who have played a role in creating and promoting the course.
- Campaigns: OP in the second phase will be used to fund various campaigns aimed at promoting the Web3 education course and increasing awareness of Web3 technologies.
- Enrollee and project incentives: When enrollees complete the course, we have a high-level plan to sponsor them to carry on group/individual projects that involve building on Optimism.
Please provide benchmark milestones for this project. These milestones should guide the Optimism community on the progress of your project during the 1-year lock-up period.
the benchmark milestones for this project are as follows:
- we will have had at least 10 users register for the beta test of Web3 education program by 28 July, 2023.
- we will have had at least 100 users register for the first official cohort of Web3 education program by 29 December, 2023.
Please define critical milestones for this project. Critical milestones are meant to show good-faith efforts to accomplish the project. Non-completion of these milestones could lead to the revocation of remaining grant rewards.
the critical milestones for this project are as follows:
By the end of May, 2023, we will have:
- conducted market research and identify the target audience (mostly Web2 folks and Africans) for the Web3 education program by 17 April, 2023.
- defined the program’s curriculum, goals, and learning outcomes by 29 May, 2023.
By the end of August, 2023, we will have:
- created the course materials, including presentations, videos, and interactive learning activities by 31 July, 2023.
- developed a Learning Management System (LMS) to deliver the course content and track progress by 14 July, 2023.
- began a pilot program with a small group of students to collect feedback used to refine the curriculum (beta testing) by 28 August, 2023.
By the end of October, 2023, we will have:
- launched the first official cohort of the Web3 education program by 2 October, 2023
By the end of December, 2023, we will have:
- Completed the first official cohort of the Web3 education program by 29 December, 2023
Yes, our Web3 educational project solves a problem for the Optimism ecosystem. Mostly Optimism native-user base.
By providing an educational resource that will enable more developers and users to understand and build on Web3.
By increasing the number of people who are knowledgeable about Web3, we can help to grow the Optimism ecosystem and bring more users and developers to Optimism.
This program will provide enrollees with the necessary knowledge and skills to fully participate in the decentralized ecosystem and interact with Optimism in particular.
Receiving a grant from Optimism will enable us at ProXifyDAO to develop and implement such an effective Web3 educational program that will also inadvertently help individuals learn about and interact with Optimism, ultimately driving greater adoption and growth in the usage of the platform.
I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: [Yes/No]:
I understand that I will be expected to follow the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: [Yes/No]: