Proposal to have a youtube channel for optimism to provide info in visual form for betterment of governance

Proposal for YouTube Channel Creation

Dear Team Optimism, in this age of digitalization, we need a channel on YouTube to explain our governance for each & everyone. As i believe average user interact with YouTube at least once a day. If we have our proposal made in audio/video form on our channel, it will compel user to join our governance & vote. Also, we will post info related to project.

So, i propose to create the channel & put step wise guideline for ease of the community. As i believe videos help you retain information longer.

4 Likes

I agree with this topic, I think it will be good to explain governance to new users. But, should this come from the OP Team? Or maybe we can propose a Core Unit (Like MakerGrowth for MakerDAO) for Marketing purposes, and the YouTube Channel will be one of their responsabilities.

3 Likes

This initiative will be very important for people who want to study how the optimism network works.

3 Likes

There is already an Optimism YouTube channel! We are trying to post more, but it takes a lot of time to make a high quality video that will stay relevant for a while.

TLDR; We are working on posting more, but the channel exists!

You can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy9EVw1XTHqPU3NNisoAVXw

4 Likes

YouTube can be a great place to learn more about any topic - both in and outside the Web3 world. It is great for visual and audio learners, allowing folks to multitask.

Creating a pipeline to onboard new users and educate existing ones seems beneficial, however, there is a great technical barrier to entry.

Knowledge of EVMs and traditional infrastructure (wallets, NFTs, exchanges) is required before transacting on Optimism; it’s difficult to go from “zero to hero.”

Monitoring expenditures across different DAOs and protocols, marketing is usually ignored.

I encourage the development of marketing resources and content production - especially with the use of Web2 tools - but to do so in a cost-conscious matter.

1 Like