Possible criteria for Airdrop Round 2

Are there any official statements on what criteria will be used for Airdrop Round 2?

If not, what are you all’s educated guesses on such criteria?

I think there should be at least a few different criteria that make users eligible that do not require a person to have funds to begin with. I think allowing people without initial funds to become eligible will increase the number of people who would subsequently join the community. It seems unfair for the only criteria to involve users to spend/have $100 or more to begin with.

10 Likes

There are a lot of simple missions, so shouldn’t we just carry out what’s possible?

4 Likes

what missions are you talking about specifically? Are you referring to the OP Quests on their site??

2 Likes

yes! right. There are so many things you can do with just 30 USDC. Let’s do everything possible.

3 Likes

If im being honest, after Celsius and now FTX, i dont even have $30?:sob:

1 Like

I don’t know for sure, but wouldn’t quest be the standard? And I have OP tokens and I’m deligated.

2 Likes

I do agree need something new and smarter cause I do see that multiaccounters have already doing a lot of past criterias for be eligible.

2 Likes

In fact, I think now is a great opportunity to participate in all the events that are just announced from the team like OP Quests, which are likely to be added more

And any activity that will positively affect the development of the ecosystem and its popularization will be noticed and eventually rewarded

So my opinion, now need to participate in the development of the ecosystem, which in any case will increase the chances of getting the next drop

2 Likes

So the quests are over. I think it is necessary to do activity with Gnosis Safe, as well as interact with projects on the main page of Optimism

1 Like

In my opinion, the criteria for an airdrop should not be obvious and the goal behind it is clearly to reward real supporters of the blockchain. After we had a lot of airdrops on other platforms lately, a community emerged that uses the new blockchains solely for collecting airdrops, so the motivation behind most of the participants in the Optimism-Quest is just t farm a potential airdrop. Therefore I would rate the interaction done during this time less than the subsequent one, since only people who really use the blockchain are rewarded and will also not make a quick profit out of the airdrop put rather hold it for the long term.

4 Likes

exactly it would be so sad if the biggest allocation is going to airdrop farmers and bots with hundereds of wallets

2 Likes

Multiaccounters knew about quests and doing them well. May be need look another method, but yeah quest interesting and can unboard new users.

1 Like

It’s actually a great idea

Since essentially the first airdrop was to get more attention, and now Optimism is already quite popular

So the idea that only users who are really involved and interested in developing Optimism will get airdrop sounds great

2 Likes

I think regular users like contributing to transactions on the ecosystem will be given priority in the airdrop distribution.

1 Like

That’s not going to be the top priority though, transactions + volume + contribution ? now we’re getting somewhere

2 Likes

Growing a community requires several types of people: developers, users, and governors. I would recommend incentivizing people based on what kind of function is provided and the stage of the community. Now it’s an early stage of the community. As a result, If OP wants to attract more developers to fix bugs, build apps, or refine the infrastructures, the developing activities, such as bounty solved, apps built, etc, will have more weight on the airdrop. If OP wants to grow the number of users, users will be incentivized. In that case, the number of transactions and amount, quest event, and any activities related to users should be recorded. Lastly, governors will be valued if the users vote, comment, and provide valuable opinions.

2 Likes

now the airdrop happened already and I have to say that it made compleet sense to reward delegation and active Voters. but the only think is that rewarding by transaction fees you will automatically reward too many bots who are just set up for this. Even if the 20 minimum is probably filtering allot of bots out. so all in all a great airdrop

1 Like

Thanks for OP-airdrop #2. Will there be an airdrop for governance snapshot voters who didn’t delegate their tokens and voted on their own?
Everyone who voted actively in a snapshot vote should receive an airdrop because they showed active participation in the governance.
Currently only governance participants who delegated their tokens to someone else or to your own received an allocation

1 Like

voted on your own = you delegated to yourself

1 Like

Yes, I know that now but I voted on my own from the beginning on every proposal and didn’t qualify. It doesn’t make sense delegates have a higher priority in the DAO than everyone else who voted on Snapshot

1 Like