S4 Intent: #3 Spread Awareness of the Optimistic Vision
Proposed Mission: An Ethereum-signed version of the current Optimistic Vision with awareness driven through collective social reach and recorded as attestations.
Please explain how this Mission will help accomplish the above Intent: This mission outline is a call for feedback, collaborators and the technical skills to deliver the concept therefore the all details required to complete a formal [draft] proposal are yet to be determined. I hope this outline CC0 might present an opportunity to others in the community, happy to help if needed but this is public, forkable info.
The Optimistic Vision has inspired a diverse global community that underpins, supports and strengthens our shared Optimistic Vision. If “…small things can have non-linear impacts on a complex system…” then what impact could 100, 1000,10,000 coordinated voices, proactively sharing our message have? Awareness
I believe our collective voice can best deliver impact through a coordinated, timebound social awareness campaign.The effort is proposed as entirely voluntary, however, on-chain signatures and attestation to record and quantify commitment to and alignment with the Optimistic Vision could in future contribute to (a possible prerequisite for) Citizen House membership
The challenge with incentivising awareness is that as a top-of-the-funnel initiative it is inherently difficult to attribute or quantify resulting impact without the type of comprehensive tracking tools that run somewhat counter to web3 ownership (data) and privacy values. And so I propose we establish a method to help quantify “awareness” that drives engagement and social reach. I suggest the following two tools could help us baseline “awareness of the vision” so that we can track future growth.
1. An Ethereum-signed version of the Optimistic Vision to quantify commitment
”…crafting an Ethereum Signed Message of the whole text and storing it somewhere permanent so that it may be referenced as an ongoing part of the document’s shared history…” drawn from kernel.community on signature economies and A Declaration of Interdependence of CyberSpace
2. Attestation UI to enable us to record, report on and quantify efforts to raise "awareness"
What: Social Awareness Campaign #TheOptimisticVision
On Chain Vision
1. Go to Ethereum signed version of the Optimistic Vision 2. Read Vision If you support the vision go to 3 3. Connect wallet + sign 4. Share basic social commitment (optional)
On Chain Attestations
- Google form (database) captures required fields 1) URL 2) address
- Quality review process to assign attestation score
- EOM bulk upload attestation to category #TheOptimisticVision
Basic Social Commitment
1. Twitter connect & social share for on-chain Vision
Confirming my on-chain commitment to the Optimistic Vision [Link Ethereum Signed Version] Join us on a mission to recognise and reward the Impact of Public Goods #TheOptimisiticVision
Diverse Social Reach
Additionally, people can share perspectives on the Optimistic Vision in a Twitter thread including the tag #TheOptimisiticVision and [Link Ethereum Signed Version]. For delegates, this might be as simple as posting a TLDR of your delegate commitment that speaks to the vision. The point is to generate and incentivise diverse perspectives to expand social reach within a short period of time (weeks). Suggest this action would needed to be submitted, subject to quality review and assigned value based on quality measures (TBD)
Just my opinion but this feels like a public goods effort that could have longevity beyond S4. As I lack the technical skills I recognise that this may be much harder than it sounds. My reasoning for proposing is to find people with the skills and bandwidth for the work.
We have a community of thousands and if everyone spent 30 minutes I hope we could achieve significant social reach and “awareness” at minimal cost. Happy to be challenged on this. Moreover, I feel like Citizen House Attestation is a solid incentive and fair value exchange when it comes to generating broad “Awareness” for the vision.
- Foundation support to share and communicate this as a collective effort
- Foundation signal support of vision alignment as a potential factor for Citizen House members
- Proactive participation from our leading delegates and community members (lead by example)
- Identify means to limit attestation points accrued per annum to prevent SPAM
I would also value feedback on whether this the proposed social “awareness” campaign might be best led by the Foundation on behalf of the collective so a community X FDN type alliance.
How should Token House delegates measure progress towards this Mission:
- Published Ethereum Signed version of Vision (this alone could be enough)
- Published Form and databased for Social reach
- Launched Campign
- Completion of Attestation UI
- Published Attestation
How should badge holders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
- S4 Total Number of Signatures
- S4 Total points value of attestation earned towards this mission
- Your own attestations earned towards this mission
Breakdown of Mission budget request
OP should cover where applicable
- Gas Fees for signing
- Gas Fees for storage
- Gas Fees for Attestation
Retroactive or grant could cover work to
- Develop Attestation UI w. category #TheOptimisiticVision, bulk upload and simple reporting capabilities
- Publish a signable version of Vision with a social sharing trigger
- Capture social sharing (form feeding database)
- Define simple attestation scoring for social sharing, review and assign points
- Upload attestations and report End of Season 4 on impact measures