[Looking for sponsor] Standardized and Open Source Contract Repository

Intent 3: Grow Application Developers on the Superchain

Objective: Establish a comprehensive repository of open-source, on-chain contracts for the Optimism ecosystem. This repository will serve as a critical resource for developers building on the Superchain, providing backend solutions for DeFi products and NFT marketplaces.

Baseline grant amount: 50,000 OP

Submit by: To be set by Grants Council

Selection by: To be set by Grants Council

Start date: To be determined upon approval

Completion date: By the end of the year 2024

How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?

The creation of a repository of audited, on-chain backend tools will significantly contribute to the growth of application developers on the Superchain. By offering readily available, standardized smart contracts, developers can build smarter and faster, ensuring cross-product consistency in coding standards. This initiative will not only support current developers but also future-proof applications by enabling seamless interaction with interchain and complex bridging products. Ultimately, this repository will attract developers looking to deploy applications across multiple chains while reducing the workload associated with backend architecture.

Requirements for Execution:

1. Repository Development: Establish a digital library to host the open-source contracts.
  2. Initial Contract Collection: Curate and audit a base set of smart contracts that facilitate key on-chain actions, such as escrow trades between ERC-20, ERC-721, and ERC-1155 tokens.
  3. Governance Handoff: Transfer repository management to the Optimism Security Council, granting them control over the status of submitted smart contracts (e.g., unverified, verified, flagged, or removed).

Progress Measurement by Token House:

1. Repository Creation: Successful development and public launch of the open-source contract repository.
  2. Audited Contracts Availability: Multiple contracts, audited by a top-tier contract audit firm, are made available within the repository.
  3. Comprehensive Coverage: The repository includes contracts that support on-chain trading for ERC-20, ERC-721, and ERC-1155 tokens.
  4. Governance Transfer: Control of the public repository is handed over to the OP Foundation Security Council for future contract moderation.
  5. Post-Deployment Report: Deliver a detailed report one month post-deployment, outlining metrics such as the number of contract downloads and developer engagement.

Grant-as-a-Service Provider Engagement:

• I have not engaged a Grant-as-a-Service provider for this Mission Request.
1 Like

Hi @cat!
The window to propose Mission Requests that would make it within the Cycle 27 has already finished (deadline was Thursday 12th).

If all Mission Requests proposed pass there will only remain 15k OP for new Mission Requests; but the budget may increase according to how the Token House vote goes. Be on the lookout for the next post made by Gonna.eth related to this issue.

Hi Bunnic,

I guess I am confused, I see that Season 6 runs every three week through December. Am I missing something? Apologies and appreciate the clarification.

Indeed, but the proposed Mission Requests needed to be sent to TH for vote in such a way they were available for the start of Cycle 28 (if approved), hence the deadline I mentioned. Here you can see the current vote (for Rolling Mission Requests proposed during Cycle 27).

If enough budget remains, another round for proposing Mission Requests will open during Cycle 28 (following the same logic).