Infrastructure & Dependencies nominations for RPGF2

Project name: Nested
Nested is the first one-stop DeFi app to build, manage and monetize portfolios. Very simple and intuitive app.

7 Likes
  1. The projects name**: Nested fi
    Description of the projects development and usage of the OP Stack:
  • Nested helps the new and shy users to onboard the world of Decentralised Finance.

• Interacting and managing crypto assets on OP with Nested is an enjoyable experience to view portfolio, edit allocations, and research otherā€™s portfolio movements and strategies.

• A link to their Twitter: https://twitter.com/Nestedfi

9 Likes

NestedFi
It is a variation of Optimistic Rollup which uses a nested structure of rollups to enable more complex use cases such as general state channels, flash loans, and more.
The idea behind NestedFi is to create more flexible layer 2 scaling solution by adding more layer 2 scaling on top of an existing layer 2 scaling

NestedFi Twitter

NestedFi

6 Likes

I want to nominate The Granary https://granary.finance/
I found this project during the OP quests, which i really love.
Iā€™m so bullish on Optimism going forward

7 Likes

The projects name
Quix NFT platform

A description of how the project has supported development and usage of the OP Stack
Its a platform where you can buy and sell NFTS with OPTIMISM network
Its very cheap in gas fees and very fast
They use Optimism network and with that way they use the OP stack and support OP very well!

A link to the projectā€™s GitHub or Twitter
https://twitter.com/qx_app

contact info for the project or project lead
https://twitter.com/qx_app

5 Likes
  • The projects name: L2Planet
  • A description of how the project has supported development and usage of the OP Stack:
    -Sharing news and developments in our bi-weekly issues
    Superchain Article (English)
    -Running ā€˜OptimismTRā€™ Twitter and Youtube accounts.
    OptimismTR Twitter - (Turkish)
    -Preparing tutorial videos for special events like Quest
    Warden Swap OP Incentives Guide (Turkish)
    -Recording bi-weekly videos that cover governance and technical things
    Bi-weekly series Episode 4 (Turkish)
    -Building Optimism dApp store and dashboard (under construction) on our website
    L2planet Optimism (English)
  • A link to the projectā€™s GitHub or Twitter:
    Github - Twitter
  • (optional) contact info for the project or project lead:
    Discord: 0xemre#5457
    Telegram

Transparency note: I am a member of layer2planet team, we are 8 people in total.

6 Likes

The projects name: The Linux Foundation

A description of how the project has supported development and usage of the OP Stack:
The Linux Foundation supports the development of Linux, which is heavily used by the cloud infrastructure required to run mainnet Optimism. Without the years of open source work done on the LInux kernel, we would be in a world where proprietary operating systems are the norm in cloud computing.

Recent additions to the Linux kernel are speeding up disk i/o, which is a major bottleneck for execution. It is definitely possible to squeeze out more performance of go-ethereum by optimizing the operating system it runs on.

The Linux Foundation has tiers of sponsors:

Platinum Membership $500,000
Gold Membership $100,000
Silver Membership $5,000

You can see who the various members are here

A link to the projectā€™s GitHub or Twitter:

(optional) contact info for the project or project lead:

9 Likes

Project name: Pool together
Pool together is a lossless prize savings protocol. Found this doing the quests
https://twitter.com/PoolTogether_

3 Likes
  • The projects name: Fractal Visions NFT Marketplace

• A description of how the project has supported development and usage of the OP Stack: The need for prevailing NFT marketplaces has been an integral part of the Optimism ecosystem and we have worked very hard to establish a high level of social recognition for the OP NFT community with the use of optimistic blockchain scaling technology by constantly expanding our user base & key partners within our own network.

• Ecosystem Awareness -
    The growth we have seen over the most recent Q4 of 2022 has been exceptional with close to 100,000 free NFT claims on layer two via Galxe & Quest3 platforms.

• Retropgf.eth donations -
    Besides the educational based quests we also have 8 different NFT projects that continue to contribute directly to the Retropgf.eth address and we will continue to expand this aspect of our project with educational efforts as we onboard new users.

1. Current development of an Optimism centric NFT marketplace to house our core native ecosystem NFT collections from Fractal Visions will assist in the initial formation of committee members for our future DAO voting structure related to the NFT market. This will expand into a high level niche category art & music marketplace as we curate the artists who join the layer two ecosystem after our initial launch and begin implementation of off chain voting via snapshot for artist curation with the community after the initial artist line up has been established.
  2. Dedicated tooling for an Optimism NFT Launchpad are also in the plans of development once our secondary marketplace operations have officially opened to the public.
    Recently the addition of the ā€œAttestation Stationā€ has also become another integration we are going to plan on implementing with our marketplace.
  3. Our goal is to help educate or assist other creators about crucial information and proper guidance when choosing deployment on the Optimism network for NFTs. This begins with basic 101 eduction on safety & security about blockchain technology before bringing them into the ecosystem.
    FRACTAL VISIONS TWITTER
  • Contact info for the project or project lead:
    Myself - You can message my business account or personal account on Twitter @iglivision
7 Likes

sounds useful, and i like how you added your two things so we can have a bigger picture about the project.

(post deleted by author)

• The project name: go-ethereum
  • A description of how the project has supported development and usage of the OP Stack:
    • go-ethereum is a core dependency and actually straight up one of the examples given, so I figured it should of course be nominated
    • itā€™s a perfect example because itā€™s such a core piece of tech in the Ethereum ecosystem, and Peter has stayed the course to maintain it even in the face of many opportunities to work on more lucrative projects
    • in general, many core devs are underfunded and hopefully this nomination will be the first of many in the round that considers some of the builders whose shoulders weā€™ve almost all stood on
8 Likes

Honor to be here on Optimismļ¼Hereā€™s my nominationļ¼š

• The projects name: DefiLIama
    • Defi Llama, as the name suggests, is an information platform for Defi data. We can get a lot of updated and rich Defi data on Defi Llama, including the most commonly discussed TVL, various decentralized ļ¼ˆProtocolļ¼‰, current Airdrop scenarios, and changes in different chains of currencies. The Defi is also categorized by function, allowing users to quickly find the current changes in the target asset.
    • Users can view the data of each Dapp under OP through DefiLIama and make their judgment based on these data. By comparing, users can better discover the potential projects under OP and give strong support, instead of unconsciously coming for airdrops led by KOL.
  • A link to the projectā€™s GitHub or Twitter:DefiLIama Twitter
  • contact info for the project or project lead:Twitter @LIamaNodes
10 Likes

The projects name: Nested

About: Nested is a social trading platform that intends to revolutionize DeFi for good by making it social ā€“ hence rendering it accessible to CeFi users. In that sense, Nested is trailblazing SocialFi to open up crypto investment to the world.

Nested allows DeFi newbies to copy strategies that correspond to what they are looking for while giving the opportunity to more experienced DeFi traders, such as community leaders, to earn royalties every time one of their portfolios is copied ā€” and enjoy a seamless asset management experience.

The companyā€™s solution makes crypto investment easier, more social, versatile, and affordable thanks to its use of NFT technology that reduces transaction fees and facilitates management ā€“ with only one transaction needed for up to twelve assets.

3 Likes

Project Name

Otterscan

Description

Otterscan is a fast, local, free & open source Ethereum block explorer. Otterscan is designed to run on consumer hardware so that it can be utilized locally. Otterscan therefore reduces the trust assumption that many of us implicitly place on third-party block explorers, a critical point of failure in the current Ethereum ecosystem. Furthermore, existing block explorers understand their dominant position within the space and are able to charge large fees to run hosted explorers for chains. Ethereum wins when good infrastructure is cheap and open source, and Otterscan has embodied this concept for years.

Otterscan currently relies on a connection to an Erigon node. With the Bedrock upgrade, Optimism will be one of the only chains other than Ethereum that can support an Erigon node (development on op-erigon is already under way). This means Optimism will be uniquely positioned to benefit from Otterscanā€™s work in the short term. As a result, supporting Otterscan for its past impact on Ethereum will also directly help create future impact on Optimism.

Otterscanā€™s design philosophy also helps other teams outside of Otterscan to create impact. For example, Otterscanā€™s UI is cleanly decoupled from its API so that anyone can easily fork Otterscanā€™s interface and add new features or fix bugs. Otterscan also actively pushes for decentralization by integrating tools like Sourcify, a decentralized alternative to Etherscan contract verification.

Otterscan is currently being developed by a single developer, Willian Mitsuda, with a small amount of financial support from the Erigon team. Rewarding Otterscan through RetroPGF would allow the Otterscan team to grow and create even more impact for both Optimism and Ethereum. In my opinion, open source infrastructure like Otterscan is the perfect candidate for RetroPGF.

Links

Contact

Disclaimers

I work for OP Labs. I am making this nomination in my capacity as an individual and not on behalf of OP Labs. I have been in contact with Willian Mitsuda for a few months to talk about potential sources of funding (including RetroPGF) for Otterscan. I had no relationship with Otterscan prior to those discussions other than being a fan of the project from afar. Willian was given the opportunity to review this nomination and provide additional data that would help inform its content, but I retained final say over all content in the post.

14 Likes

The projects name
ethers-js

A description
ethers-js is a Typescript library that makes Ethereum development really easy. It has all of the pieces required to interact with the blockchain. It is heavily used by Optimism, in particular for contract deployments and some offchain services.

It is one of the easiest libraries to get up and going with for new developers to the Ethereum ecosystem.

v6 was just released as beta, the project has been getting continuous development.

A link to the projectā€™s GitHub or Twitter:

(optional) contact info for the project or project lead:
twitter com/ricmoo

4 Likes

Project: Gnosis Safe

Gnosis Safe is a multisignature smart contract that I am sure every voter knows about and uses. I cannot believe it hasnā€™t been nominated yet, it is one of the most true public goods made in a way perfect for Retroactive Public Goods funding. For context, Gnosis Safe is a non-custodial wallet solution built on the Ethereum blockchain that allows users to securely store, manage, and interact with their cryptocurrency and digital assets. It is considered a public good on the Ethereum blockchain as it provides a secure and user-friendly interface for users to interact with their digital assets, which helps to promote greater adoption and usage of the Ethereum ecosystem. Additionally, the Gnosis Safe is built on the Optimism layer 2 scaling solution, which allows for faster and cheaper transactions on the Ethereum network, further promoting the use of the blockchain for everyday transactions.

Link to app:

Link to github:

8 Likes

Project: Hop Exchange

I would like to nominate the Hop bridge as critical infrustructure. Here is a description of hop:

Hop Exchange Bridge is a protocol that allows users to move digital assets between different blockchain networks, such as Ethereum and Optimism, with minimal fees and high security. It enables cross-chain interoperability, enabling assets to be moved across different networks in a decentralized manner.

The Hop Exchange Bridge protocol is based on a system of ā€œbridgesā€ that connect different blockchain networks. Each bridge is a smart contract on one blockchain that is connected to a smart contract on another blockchain. When a user wants to move an asset from one blockchain to another, they send the asset to the bridge smart contract on the originating blockchain. The bridge smart contract then locks the asset and sends a message to the bridge smart contract on the destination blockchain, which releases the corresponding asset on the destination blockchain.

The protocol uses a mechanism called ā€œproof of custodyā€ to ensure that the assets are securely transferred from one network to another. This mechanism uses a combination of smart contracts and cryptographic techniques to ensure that the assets are transferred in a secure and decentralized manner.

The Hop Exchange Bridge enables users to move assets across different blockchain networks with minimal fees and high security, making it a valuable tool for trading, liquidity provision, and cross-chain DeFi.

As a result, Hop Exchange is considered a public good for Optimism because it increases the interoperability of layer 2 solutions, enabling them to communicate and exchange assets with each other. This allows more people to use the Ethereum network and enables a wider range of decentralized applications to be built. It also allows for more efficient use of resources, as it allows different layer 2 solutions to specialize in different types of transactions, rather than each one trying to do everything.

Hop Exchange:

Hop Github:

8 Likes
  • The projects name: blst
  • A description of how the project has supported development and usage of the OP Stack: blst is a cryptography library used for PoS consensus on Ethereum. It is also the cryptography library that supports EIP-4844. blst is a core part of the Ethereum stack used by Optimism, and EIP-4844 will help to lower transaction costs for Optimism (and other rollup) users.
  • A link to the projectā€™s GitHub or Twitter: GitHub - supranational/blst: Multilingual BLS12-381 signature library
  • (optional) contact info for the project or project lead: www.supranational.net
4 Likes
  • I would like to recommend Clipper Exchange (https://clipper.exchange/), which offers more than just a basic decentralized exchange.

• The user experience is well-designed, starting with the loading screen and continuing through deposits and withdrawals.

• Additionally, the project encourages users to educate themselves before using the platformā€™s features, such as a pop-up quiz that must be completed before locking funds.

Overall, Clipper elevates the userā€™s experience on the web3 stack.

6 Likes