Gonna.eth (Dhannte) - Delegate Communication Thread

Intent #1

• Superchain Governance Deepdive: FOR. I prefer research to be included on RPGF where results are already measurable, but given the amount requested and the importance I’ll break my rule on this one.

• Fully Decentralized and Independent Oracle and Data Infrastructure. FOR I’ve been following this project for the past 6 months. I believe it’s a novel idea that will fully decentralize oracles if it gets traction enough. I’m bullish on DataLP, the option to stake your OP to provide an extra layer of security on top of your Oracle and expose yourself to proper slashing by oracle consensus makes this project highly composable with Optimism.

• TechNERD Program. FOR @vonnie610 has been looking to train devs forever and if you don’t believe me go check EthernautDAO forum where she opened a mentorship in the past. This is a direct way to grow developed in the optimism ecosystem and aligns with my vision of how it should be done.

• Extend the L1Block contract to store historical blockhash data: FOR I like how much someone can learn just by reading the comments on this proposal. Even optimistic team members showed interest. The amount is good and I expect their own code and not just an OZ module.

• Future-proofing UI/UX of OP nodes: FOR I’m getting my dappnode just because of this proposal. Dappnode has been making it easy to have a node and promoting decentralization and self-custody forever and we should back them up every time they take a step in this direction.

• Spearbit + Immunefi Bug Bounty Program for Large Protocols on Optimism: FOR I believe 99% will approve this proposal if Velodrome wasn’t mentioned with fewer comments. My approach here is very pragmatic. If they find a bug on Velodrome, many projects will be saved from losing liquidity. If no bug is found, they jump to the next big project with those funds. $OP is between those saved projects if a bug is found, and many projects will rely on this liquidity to be safe, from missions to grants and RPGF. “Why not do the same to AAVE, Uniswap or Synthetix, or Curve” Well they are here since DeFi started, they outlived a bull run and the fall of a bull run, if a bug is on any of those projects it’ll be drained by now. I saw Synthetix being predated when Luna collapsed, the collective needs Velodrome to be bulletproof.

6 Likes