[FINAL] Let's take the Optimistic Vision to LATAM with Espacio Cripto

As a contributor of @seedlatam for the @Joxes delegation, I have analyzed this mission following the criteria mentioned in this post .

• The proposal is well-structured and meets the minimum requirements. However, I believe that more details could have been provided regarding the materials they will be working with and how the in-person events will be conducted. I would like to see concrete metrics of the impact achieved and how it benefits the Optimism ecosystem presented at the end of each event. My colleague @AxlVaz analyzed the proposals from @dmars300 (Criptoversidad) and @brichis (ETH México). I’m not familiar with the details of the relationships within the Mexican community, and if I were, it would be beyond my scope to analyze it. However, I believe that the budgets and actions for in-person events could be unified, especially if they are initiatives targeting locations outside of Mexico City.

• I have some doubts about the required funds. I believe there is already a lot of high-quality content in Spanish that could be redistributed through established channels. In the case of @OptimismEsp, all the content is open and public, and it is currently funded by the OP received in the latest rpgf2
    Personally, I think as Latinos, we should start coordinating content creation efforts. I don’t think it’s necessary to create “more content” explaining the optimistic vision, but rather to redistribute what is already being generated. However, I do believe it’s necessary to address new topics, such as “superchains” or material for developers. Different communities can specialize in onboarding, OP Stack, governance, etc.
    Some numbers seemed a bit high to me, but I only have @brichis presented parameters as a reference. It would be great if you could provide more details on this. Perhaps we should create a shared list of providers (in case of outsourcing) to have more cost-effective options for our choices. I included @santicristobal (Solow) and @Michael in the list just to illustrate my point about the disparities I objectively see.

This observation is not only for Espacio Cripto. It is for all Spanish speakers. But I finished maturing my point of view after reading all these ARCHIVED Mission Proposals from Latam.

I would like to read more details about this because being a quality delegate is very heavy. In fact, I think it is not possible to be a delegate without a support team unless you dedicate at least half of your time to it. Currently, there are no permanent periodic incentives to be a pro delegate (full time) at Optimism, as there are in other governance systems (e.g. MakerDAO).

@seedlatam 's mission is to bring more Latinos into governance. The exemplary case is the work done by @Joxes and we have been working on this for over a year. It would be great to join efforts as communities and promote this together. If your desire is to do it separately, you can still count on our expertise.

We organized 13 governance calls in Spanish to decide how to vote. This calls are open for other delegates to discuss in Spanish the changes in Optimism with a focus on our region. @Gonna.eth and @olimpio have attended them. I take this opportunity to invite you.

I think these are the main points. Thank you very much.

8 Likes