Delegate Mission Request Summary
In pursuit of Intent 4 - Enhance accessibility to governance, this proposal objective is to elevate Optimism Collective’s influence in Brazil. The vision is to foster engagement through a series of impactful actions, such as events (in-person and online), educational content and gamification, specifically tailored to the Brazilian crypto market. The mission encompasses onboarding and educational efforts about the Optimism Collective with a focus on optimizing governance practices in a place where Optimism is not that well known yet.
Proposing Delegate: SEED Latam delegation team
Proposal Tier: Ember Tier
Baseline grant amount: 50,000 OP
Mission fulfillment by: Multiple
Submit by: [To be determined by the Grants Council]
Selection by: [To be determined by the Grants Council]
Start date: n/a
Completion date: End of the year.
How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?
Strategic Alignment with Intent 4: Enhance accessibility to Governance
Brazil holds significant potential regarding crypto. For instance, the country secured the 9th place in Chainalysis’ 2023 Global Crypto Adoption, leading the crypto adoption in Latam. Not only that but it is estimated that 16 million people, constituting 7.8% of Brazil’s total population, currently own cryptocurrency, as data from 2022.
With a massive population of 215 million people, Brazil presents an unparalleled opportunity for outreach. The unique linguistic isolation, as the sole Portuguese-speaking country in Latam, underscores the need for tailored initiatives. To date, Optimism-supported events have yet to unfold in Brazil.
This already reflects in the Brazilian crypto community, as other scalability solutions are gaining more interest from the community than Optimism:
This Mission Proposal seeks to change this situation by fostering engagement through a series of impactful actions in Brazil. These actions, both in-person and online, will be specifically tailored to the local crypto market, potentially elevating Optimism onboarding and adoption in Brazil to unprecedented levels. The goal is to nurture the local web3 community and culture while promoting collective governance in a territory never explored by the Collective.
The proposal extends beyond merely hosting events, onboarding new users, and educating the community. It also aims to spotlight web3 projects, cultivate a culture of exploration, and establish Optimism’s presence in a completely new country. The potential inherent in exploring a nation with a significant interest in crypto, flourishing local web3 communities, and a population exceeding 200 million individuals is immense.
- Spotlight and encourage exploration of the Collective;
- Onboard new users into the OP ecosystem;
- Establish Optimism presence in Brazil;
- Create tailored experiences to the local web3 community;
What is required to execute this Delegate Mission Request?
To ensure the success of these initiatives, organizers should present:
Event Details: Location (IRL or virtual), date, and agenda.
Development and execution of a robust engagement strategy (tailored to the event target audience)
Detailed budget and expenses breakdown
Conducting educational talks on Optimism Governance
Clear Impact Metrics.
Integration of gamification elements related to Optimism in each event, for instance:
- NFT and/or EAS - creating an onchain footprint to folks that attend the events;
- Small tips in OP tokens to guide attendees into DeFi and onboard people onchain
Provision of Optimism-branded merchandise
Ensuring a comprehensive evaluation and feedback loop, for example:
- Implementation of a feedback form for continuous improvement.
- Submission of a detailed event report, including metrics for digital content, attendee feedback, and edited event photos.
- Production of visual content about the event.
How should the Token House measure progress towards this Mission?
- Monthly updates with details about the organization and strategy before the events;
- Successful delivering the events as scheduled;
How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
- Total number of event attendees;
- Number of unique NFTs/POAP minted during events;
- Social media engagement metrics related to the events;
- Coverage in newspapers and various communication channels;
- In-depth feedback from participants;
Have you engaged a Grant-as-a-service provider for this Mission Request?
Has anyone other than the Proposing Delegate contributed to this Mission Request?
Fully crafted by Modular Crypto Team.