Delegate Mission Request Summary:
This mission request seeks to establish a centralized resource hub for developers on Optimism and the Superchain. The hub will be a comprehensive repository offering a wide range of development tools, frontend libraries, debugging, testing libraries, smart contract templates, etc.
The goal is to provide clear, accessible guidance and support to teams and builders dedicated to developing on OP-Mainnet and/or as part of the Superchain.
Intent 2 - Grow the Superchain
Applications must be submitted by teams at the Fledging Tier.
Baseline grant amount:
Should this Foundation Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants:
To be set by Grants Council
To be set by Grants Council
Start of Q2 2024
End of Q3 2024
How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?
This Delegate Mission Request, focused on establishing a Developer Resource Hub for Optimism and the Superchain, directly aligns with and supports Intent 2: Grow the Superchain. Here’s how:
- Facilitating Developer Access and Growth: By providing a centralized hub with comprehensive resources, we lower the entry barriers for new and existing developers.
- Enhancing Quality and Interaction of Deployments: With tools, templates, and guidance readily available, developers can create higher quality contracts and projects.
By centralizing resources and guidance, this mission request directly contributes to the growth and development of active builders on the Superchain.
What is required to execute this Delegate Mission Request?
To execute this Delegate Mission Request for creating a Developer Resource Hub for Optimism and the Superchain, several key elements are required:
- Comprehensive Resource Compilation: Assemble an extensive collection of development tools, frontend libraries, debugging tools, smart contract templates, fuzzing tools, and testing tools. These resources must be specifically chosen to meet the needs of developers working within the Optimism ecosystem, including integration with OP Mainnet and chains like Base.
- User-Friendly Interface: Design the hub with a focus on ease of navigation, ensuring developers can quickly find the tools or information they need. This includes intuitive categorization with filters, search functionality, and clear, concise descriptions of each resource with relevant links.
- Regular Updates and Maintenance: Ensure the hub remains up-to-date with the latest dev tools and libraries. This requires ongoing maintenance and regular updates.
By fulfilling these requirements, the Developer Resource Hub will be a vital asset for fostering growth and innovation on the Optimism network and the broader Superchain.
How should the Token House measure progress towards this Mission?
To track progress for the Developer Resource Hub mission, Token House should measure:
- Website Launch: Target date for website going live (September 2024).
- Visitor Metrics: Monthly count of unique visitors and average time spent on the site.
- Resource Count: Number of resources (tools, libraries, etc.) available on the site.
How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
To measure the impact of the Developer Resource Hub mission, Citizens’ House badgeholders should focus solely on visitor metrics:
- Total Unique Visitors: Count the cumulative number of unique visitors to the hub since its launch.
- Repeat Visit Rate: Calculate the percentage of visitors who return to the site, indicating sustained interest.
- Average Time Spent: Track the average duration of visits, reflecting engagement with the hub’s content.
- Measure of New Projects Using this Tool: Through survey or other means, demonstrate the contribution of this tool towards new and quality project creation/contributions.
These visitor metrics will provide a clear indication of the hub’s reach and its effectiveness in engaging the developer community.
Have you engaged a Grant-as-a-service provider for this Mission Request?
Has anyone other than the Proposing Delegate contributed to this Mission Request?
- Edited to remove grants information from scope and new project creation to metrics