[DRAFT] DAO ecosystem SuperDapp in Optimism

Delegate Mission Request Summary:

Reconciles the current DAO ecosystem fragmentation through a SuperDapp that forms the DAO space tissue in Optimism. The Superdapp could include but is not limited to: learning opportunities, job opportunities, marketplaces, dashboards & feeds.

The deliverable should be a Proof of Concept with a modular frontend that unifies DAO tooling in one Dapp and can be further scaled in the future to other tooling in the Superchain.

S5 Intent:

Intent 2. Grow the Superchain.

Proposing Delegate: griff.eth

Proposal Tier:

Fledging Tier (or Ember)

Baseline grant amount:

40 K OP (or 80 K OP if it’s open to more than one applicant)

Should this Foundation Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants:

One.

Submit by:

To be set by Grants Council

Selection by:

To be set by Grants Council

Start date:

ASAP

Completion date:

Within 12 months

Specification

How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?

We often talk about interoperability being one of the most fundamental value unlocks. Yet web3 is extremely fragmented. Silos not only create a terrible User Experience, many amazing projects fail to get enough traction since they don’t get enough exposure (fun fact: EAS was built in 2020 and after launch it was paused twice. Source: Green Pill Podcast - Ethereum Attestation Service).

Likewise, Optimism already has a lot of cool dApps deployed, but they’re all fragmented across different front-ends, making the discovery & usage unnecessarily hard.

Having the first DAO tooling SuperDapp in Optimism would be a great win for the Superchain, DAO tooling projects and potentially bring many new users from the DAO ecosystem.

What is required to execute this Delegate Mission Request?

• Research key DAO tools to be scoped for the POC.
  • Design a modular implementation.
  • Build integrations with the selected DAO tools.
  • Create a frontend optimized for user needs. (learning, job hunt, feed, etc.)

How should the Token House measure progress towards this Mission?

• A report on the tools that can be added in the present and in the future.
  • Figma or similar design of the UI.
  • Functional UI optimized for user needs.

How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?

• Users interacting with the frontend
  • Users interact with the DAO tooling UI as opposed to using the original UI
  • Specific metric generated by each DAO tool in the UI

*Have you engaged a Grant-as-a-service provider for this Mission Request? If so, please disclose the details of this arrangement, to the extent possible:

This mission request draft was written by Cotabe, a core contributor of General Magic, an organization that offers Grant Management services. Nor General Magic, nor myself are getting paid or expecting any compensation for this work. We are doubling down in supporting the Optimism Collective in its pursuit to build a better tech stack for the Optimism Collective and attract builders and projects more efficiently.

*Has anyone other than the Proposing Delegate contributed to this Mission Request? If so, who, and what parts of this application did they contribute to?

This draft was created based on the original idea of MetaGame and with their support I made only minor modifications.

1 Like

This proposal was posted before the cutoff looking for a sponsor. Leaving the link here to keep track of it.

2 Likes

Could you please share how you see this proposal helping in growing the superchain.
For DAO related topic, we already have many platform, some funded in past season and some by RPGF.

1 Like

It’s difficult for us to understand how much this is going to be differentiable from other projects such as information aggregators. It would be good to justify the proposal includes more details about desired features, expected use cases (maybe some sort of wishlist).

2 Likes

Hey @Cotabe – just wanted to flag this as a proposal that still needs delegate approvals in order to move to a vote. If you are no longer interested in pursuing this proposal – please disregard this message. In order to see the delegates assigned to your proposal those can be found here. The deadline to provide feedback and approvals for Mission Requests is February 7th at 19:00

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for the ping @op_julian

I also appreciate your engagement @OPUser & @Joxes. I will dive into each point.

• The key idea is that if you are in the DAO space, there is one place to DAO everything instead of having to go to different Dapps.

• How will it grow the Superchain? This UI could become a Schelling point for the DAO ecosystem and make the Superchain the new home of DAOs.

• Differentiation from other platforms? This platform is meant to be optimized for the everyday use of a person in the DAO space. A go-to place to get the latest updates, engage with your DAOs, find opportunities and connect with others.

• Love the idea of a wish list @Joxes. My wishlist would include Farcaster and lens integration, Voting apps, Podcasts, Calendars with events, joining groups or guilds, Job lists, engagement opportunities with DAOs (quests, tasks, etc.), a marketplace to make offers and asks, profiles with the on-chain footprint. These are just a few ideas, but I would be excited to see many more. Of course, a reasonable scope should be prioritized for this mission.

Please let me know if you still have doubts about the mission.

Thank you for extending your thoughts.
I do agree that content associated with our much-evolving DAO is fragmented and we could use a one-stop platform but I dont think this proposal is fulfilling the goal defined under “grow the superchain” intent. Collective Intents: Season 5

My apologies, but I can’t support this proposal.

1 Like

The concept of having one hub to rule all the different pieces of DAO tooling is intriguing and attractive. But in my opinion it’s easier said then done and with such a vague scope statement I don’t feel it gives enough material for potential mission proposers to come up with concrete, focused mission proposals. I believe that this request requires a bit more work upfront to come up with a feasible vision of such a DAO hub, right now it seems to be a bit vague and open-ended for me.

1 Like

I’m a bit intrigued as to how 40k/80k OP would be enough to build a governance superdapp. I spent 2 years to help build Snapshot and I can safely say that’s not enough money.

Tend to agree with @kaereste here.

Thanks for the engagement & the feedback @OPUser @Michael @kaereste @Joxes.

I understand the concerns and I agree that the challenge to execute such a mission properly is large and the scope was too vague. This process has been full of learnings that I will use to improve in similar processes in the future.

1 Like