Dope Wars - Accountability + Feedback Thread

Im cross posting this from “Discord” for transparency as I understand there is some confusion in the air…

Sup peeps … Im Butterbum Im part of DopeLabs a team of contributors facilitating the DAO
allow me to answer you questions and clear up some confusion.

@nftfutureboi#7596
“I see they are on Starknet now so I am really confused. I was tryna figure out if there was a game on Optimism I could play. “

Dope Wars is a permissionless protocol that started on Ethereum mainnet and deployed Hustler contracts on Optimism here is the snapshot…Snapshot the RYO game was partially funded by DopeDAO and Stakware in Sep 2021 and it is only recently been launched due to the upgrades to Starknet. This game has a dedicated Stark team that have been working on infrastructure and making RYO game a reality for a long time.

No game as of yet on Optimism we had Dope Frenzy a promising “free for all” which has subsequently turned into the pilot for “Mean Streets“ -what i see as a GTA 2 style game here is the proposal Tally | Dope Wars Proposal

@fractalvisions
“I see on their website the links don’t work for shopping gear on Quix and the discord link is no longer valid. It appears they also had a partnership with L2DAO announced back after the investigation on their grant funding. Not sure what happened to be honest this time period was when we were banned from the OP ecosystem.”

Dope Wars never had a partnership with L2DAO.
last year we had a community building raffle before OP token was even launched.

@nftfutureboi#7596
“So there are characters they sell as nfts on Optimism but can they be used in game? - and more importantly is there actually a game that can be played right now on OP? I think its a fair question to ask since it has been exactly 1 year since they have been awarded a grant, and we have seemingly seen no updates.”

Firstly we as a DAO don’t sell characters aka “Hustlers” they are a free mint the gear that is equipped or unequipped is the product of the DOPE token which was a free mint Loot fork on Ethereum. The goal is for all our assets “Hustlers”, “Gear” and “PAPER” to be used in game, this has multiple challenges but bottom line is the target for all proposed games including the Cartridge(https://twitter.com/cartridge_gg) starknet game RYO and proposed Dope World(Snapshot) via a custom bridge between Optimism ↔_Starknet

I agree this is a fair Question and honestly it is very challenging for an open DAO to produce games these things take time, patience and dedication to develop. as for the updates I did create a accountability thread on the OP forum which admittedly is due for an update Dope Wars - Accountability + Feedback Thread

@fractalvisions
“I just tested a platform today for an impact reporting dashboard on optimism governance and other grant programs.
Unfortunately I only see one post about OP on their page.
This is sad because I remember they also flexed the fact that they had a community vote
about whether to stay on Optimism or not prior to receiving the grant which caused the platform Quix to step in with a huge amount of delegate voting
power to say they wanted to push forward the vote.s
One thing I find odd in all of this is the fact that Quixotic is still listed on the main Optimism website…
if you check their Discord server, you will see messages of people saying they are losing their items at the time of transfer or listing so it is unsure whether the platform is compromised.
But back to dope wars after receiving the grant they totally abandoned OP and are seemingly active on another protocol. It’s very difficult to understand why they quit working on Optimism.”

This is pure FUD Mr Fractal you have history in Dope discord and if I remember correctly things got heated between you and some dope community. this and the event you bring up about voting to stay or go are consequences of DOPEDAO being an open permissionless DAO anybody that holds a DOPE token has a say and can create snapshot vote

@fractalvisions “if you check their Discord server……”
are you sure you in the correct discord server Dope Wars your statement is untrue and damaging to our brand and reputation please can you send me proof of our contracts being compromised! or of people loosing their item… our support page has been quiet I have never seen any issues like that raised in Dope discord.
@fractalvisions “But back to dope wars after receiving…”

Your judgements are premature and unfounded we have not abandoned Optimism… a quick look at snapshot or Tally proposals you will find all the info. Apartment builder, Mean Streets and “MMO” the pilot for Dope City are all being built utilizing Optimism network

@nftfutureboi#7596 “GnosisSafeProxy | Address 0x90103beDCfbE1eeE44ded89cEd88bA8503580b3D | OP Mainnet Looks like they are breaking the no-sale rule. This is the recepient wallet from their grant. “
“the most recent transaction transfered 84,616 OP to this wallet.
They than transferred to another wallet that sent the tokens to Bybit to be dumped. “

That Tx was for the Mean Streets proposal Tally | Dope Wars Proposal
Mean Streets was proposed by Unixlabs and was discussed heavily by the DopeDAO. Partnering with a traditional fully fledged company was seen as the best way to produce a game as relying on community contributions on an ever evolving idea has major drawbacks some of which DopeDAO have experienced first hand.

The only reason we were able to secure the deal with Unix was with a method we called a “cookie jar” pasted below is a portion on the proposal related to the payment and proposal link

Funding via Trusted Partner Protocol

As described in the updated RAPID process, DOPE DAO accounts for Trusted Developers/Partners to have a certain status with regard to payment. This is especially important for this project because UnixLabs, as a commercial business, will have defined financial parameters that need to be set before the tasks can be properly planned and initiated. Like mentioned above UnixLabs are significant DOPE holders with proven deliverables as well as being doxed developers with a high reputation to uphold. For this reason the team seeks approval that, if this proposal receives a successful vote, the entire allotment of funding (excluding player OP incentives) be transferred to a (transparently observable) UnixLabs Developer wallet (Cookie Jar) to be stabled. This will provide certainty and secure runway for the work. Once funds are located in the ‘Cookie Jar’ UnixLabs will be entitled to remove funds from the Cookie Jar as described below:….” Snapshot

@nftfutureboi#7596 “Its true, blockchain dosen’t lie. I was hoping someone from Dope Wars would respond here to clarify, if not I can make a post. I only just saw this yesterday.”
“ok I made a post https://gov.optimism.io/t/dope-wars-potential-no-sale-rule-violation/6917”

This could have been avoided had you guys DYOR or due diligence and reach out to a Hustler via discord, twitter or our Dope Wars - Accountability + Feedback Thread on OP Forum Dope Wars - Accountability + Feedback Thread

This conversation has jumped to conclusions without finding out any facts from anybody in the Dope eco system

1 Like