Code of Conduct Council Nominations: Season 5

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment:

You can find this here (although I haven’t yet completed a delegate statement), Optimism Agora

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you:

0.01%

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date:

If I understand this correctly, this can be found via the same link as before: Optimism Agora

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared:

My voting rationale is often posted on-chain during voting, via Optimism Agora, and while I don’t have a voter communication thread, you’ll find a lot of my attitudes and beliefs within this Discourse and my profile, via Profile - Axel_T - Optimism Collective.

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

• Previously very active in this Discourse community
  • Attended multiple Community Calls and participated in these.
  • Applied for a Phase 1 Grant during the first voting round of Season 1. The ‘Summa’ grant application was a disaster, but looking back now I am glad I tried and it did make me emotionally invested in Optimism and lead me into crypto and DAO governance.
  • Applied for a Base grant when they were initially looking for builders.
  • Applied for an allocation to the a16z delegation allocations. I.e. When a16z were going to decentralise their voting power they were asking for 10 to 20(?) delegates to make delegations to. I followed the application procedure to be one of these 10, but was unsuccessful.
  • While not a developer, I have tinkered here and there and have bridged my own ERC20 token to the Optimism network after it had long been on Mainnet (BAXagent Coin (BAXA) Token Tracker | Optimism)

Have you attended GravityDAO’s conflict resolution training?:

As per the Methodology of the course I have completed Week 1 of the training. GravityDAO requests that you complete the training over a number of allocated weeks to really let the training sink in. So I have enrolled, completed the intro material, and completed week 1. I will complete the rest of the Weeks as and when they fall due.

If so, what was the most impactful learning you took away from this training?:

I want to mention a few things, because I think this training is amazing.

• I thought the training was so good, that it would not only be valuable and used in any Code of Conduct Council, but would also be used in my 9-5 business, in my household, and ideally within my own thinking too.
  • I also took away how hopeful and progressive the training was. As mentioned in the training, the world can be a rough place and it’s always been this way. So to have the ideals of DAOs and decentralisation reinforced was very inspiring. I’ve also found many crypto communities to often be toxic, so to see how GravityDAO and Optimism is trying to be progressive and inclusive was very reassuring.
  • I loved the idea that conflict can be a gift, and that you can grow and transform from conflict. And that conflict is recurring, not only because of it’s transformative nature, but because the resolutions to one conflict will often act as a seed to the next conflict.
  • Also, I found it profound the claim that we often project conflicts and behaviours on others when in fact we haven’t resolved these very issues personally. I.e we project our own unresolved issues.
  • The lesson on trauma centred thinking was great. Acknowledging that we all have trauma to an extent, and that we need to be more human centred and not always goal oriented (even when working in a team). I love the idea that we should see other humans as an end in itself, and not merely as an object that is a means to an end.
  • I was able to assess my progress along the decolonisation spectrum, and consider where my inherent bias lies and how my perspective was developed historically.
  • Overall, I think this training is exceptional! Its wording is beautiful, its idealism admirable, and as I listened to that Bob Marley track while reading those lessons I was moved immensely. I look forward to the following week’s training, I hope to meet Juan Carlos one day, and if I’d written this straight after the Week 1 training, you’d know this would be a short version of what I actually wanted to say, ha!

Please demonstrate any experience you believe is relevant to this role:

• As a bookkeeper and qualified accountant I can bring diversity to the Council. I assume many of this community would be technology focussed and many drawn to this Council would be legally minded, so to bring the diversity of another professional skill set would be beneficial.
  • Within my current 9-5 business I am obligated by both a professional association code of conduct and also a legislated code of conduct to hold my licence, and thus I have many years of lived experience of working with the boundaries of a code of conduct.
  • Personally, I am not embedded in the Web3 industry and thus I don’t have commercial or social ties and thus biases towards any particular actors. This would improve my independence, and thus the independence of the Council.
  • I’ve been part of the Optimism community since Airdrop 1, so I have a couple of years experience dealing with Optimism and many of its participants. This experience may assist by adding context to Council deliberations.
  • I have completed Ethics training as part of CFA Exam studies and my professional accounting studies. So while not legally trained, I do have some training in how individuals view their ethics and how they do and should address ethical dilemmas.

Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which:

No, I have not been part of the Token House Council or any committee.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest:

• Coin and token holdings that can be viewed and verified by address given.
  • Owner and principal of Tracy & Associates Accounting.
  • Token creator and very large holder of BAXA (BAXagent Coin).

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct :

Yes, I agree to abide by the Code of Conduct

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5:

Yes, I understand and agree to this.

Please verify that you are able to commit ~5 hours / week, on average, to processing Code of Conduct violations and reporting enforcement actions to the community:

Absolutely. I can commit to this average workload for the Season.

5 Likes