Airdrop #2 Feedback Thread

As a recipient, I cannot complain too much. But as suggested improvements, perhaps also factor in:

1) Number of governance votes cast (either on Snapshot or Agora). I.e. This will reward real, regular governance participants irrespective of their delegated vote size/power. More votes cast (irrespective of voting power) = more impact on Optimism’s future, and thus according to Optimism philosophy should also equal more profits accrued.

2) Number of ‘completed Quest’ NFTs held. I don’t think this criteria should be overweight, but there should be a reward to testing new apps and possibly onboarding for regular use. Also, by counting this as a criteria it would validate, reassure and show follow-through to many who genuinely believed Quests would be a major influence on AirDrop 2.

3) While it’s clearly stated that, “participation in this governance forum will never be used as a criterion for a future airdrop”, there are ways to reward forum participation without attracting spam, low quality posts. I.e. the blanket non-consideration of Forum participation could be a false sybil positive. For example, all of our Forum Profiles list the ‘number of hours read’ or the ‘number of hearts received’, etc. Thus we could use high-quality, long term engagement in the Forum as a criteria or marker of positive sum behaviour.

EDIT 4) POAPs collected at Community Governance Calls. The number of these POAPs held can be a strong, clear indicator of those who are deeply involved in Optimism Governance. I’ve only been to a couple of these calls, but both times the attendee list was a ‘whos who’ of Optimism leaders (real, real, real users, builders and ambassadors). Rewarding these POAP holders will inherently reward the OP Community Leaders, but will also incentivise attendance and participation in these meetings.

But overall, I was very happy with the Airdrop, and really appreciated it. Including the ease of receipt, i.e. it just showing up in my wallet. This was a great surprise and better than having to run the gauntlet of have to ‘claim’ on any possibly dodgy website.

Final general comment: OP price hasn’t crashed post AirDrop 2, so it looks like more recipients are holding onto their tokens and not just using the airdrop to make a quick buck.

16 Likes