Treasury Appropriation Proposal: Foundation Year 2 Budget

Proposals from the foundation do not currently need delegate backing I believe

Time isnā€™t the real concern here in my opinion, the real problem is the capital inefficiency that is occuring from making such a symbolic vote onchain.

Here is the onchain vote. I donā€™t see an easy way of seeing the number of individual voters, but I stopped counting after around 250. Each vote costs around .4 dollars in gas give or take (it can go as high as 1.3 dollars, according to another delegate). At current prices, this means that the combined gas spent to symblically send 1 OP easily passes 60 OP , all paid from each individualā€™s ETH balance. Aka, this vote costed at least 6000% more to the community than the value at stake.

I know this is not a problem specific to this vote, but issues like this are significant blockers for Governance Accesibility, which has been voted in as a Collective Intent . From what Iā€™ve seen on the onchain voting thread some solutions are being explored, but I really recommend we refrain from these symbolic votes for now. They are hurting inclusivity and in and could lead to long-term consequences due to missed votes hurting peopleā€™s delegate profiles and future Attestation scores.

6 Likes