Oxytocin - Delegate Communication Thread

Summarising the last Special Cycle Votes before moving to this cycle’s votes, as I noticed I kept my reasoning in Agora only

Protocol Delegation Programme Renewal : FOR

I previously discussed in the thread my concerns of how the Protocol Delegation programme went on its first cycle, mainly concerning lack of participation and time-related concerns. I have seen a lot more communication to protocols this cycle, which is promising.

Since the programme is set to end this Season, I am interested to see what the next steps for protocol representation are going to be present starting from the next one (if any)

Intents 1/2/3/4 budget proposals - FOR

Not much to add here, the intents all seemed like they could be productive and interesting, with apporpriate budgets defined. Saving my thoughts on how the missions and intents are doing for the Season 4 feedback thread for once the voting cycle is done.

Treasury Appropriation - ABSTAIN

For my complete thoughts, see this post. . I agree with this year’s budget not adding anything more, but completely disagree with having symbolic votes like this on an onchain voting system. Every vote costs gas, and votes like this simply create a lot of wasted gas and time , reducing governance accessibility by a lot.

Grants Council Elections
Finally, I abstained from the Builder’s election for obvious reasons (was a candidate) and voted for my personal candidates for the growth experiments. I believe both of these councils are doing a tremendously good job so far, and are by far one of the strongest council reviewers I have seen in many DAOs. At the time I wrote my nomination some of the previous candidates did not nominate themselves, so I wanted to make sure this system kept running while helping in OP governance. Kudos to everyone working this cycle, especially considering the high volume of applications.

2 Likes