Oxytocin - Delegate Communication Thread

Protocol Delegate Programme Update - Please Re-Delegate!

As many know, this Season marks the end of the current version of the Protocol Delegation Programme. As one of the delegates participating on this, it was a great experience seeing so many protocols share their thoughts on governance, and is something that I really hope we start seeing happen more in DAOs in the future.

Going forward, I will continue to vote using the ParaSwap delegate profile to make sure all the delegated addresses still have a say, but I’m going to start using my Personal Delegate Profileto voice opinions that might not be relevant to representing a protocol, such as supporting missions or the future of Optimism, while abstaining from this wallet on votes that ParaSwap should not necessarily have an opinion in.

You can delegate your OP if you want to HERE!

Special Cycle - 16a Communications

While both of these votes look like are going to pass, I would like to share my thoughts on the reasoning behind some of my votes:

• Budget Votes (Code of Conduct/Grants Council/Developer Board): FOR. The Grants Council has been performing greatly from what I see, and I think both the Developer Board and CoC Council to be interesting experiments worth implementing in the Token House.
  • CoC Violation: While the Code of Conduct is not fuly fledged out yet, this vote shows the importance of having a token-delegate vote for every one of these. The lack of evidence (for obvious reasons) makes it very difficult to asses the validity of the claims.
  • Developer Advisory Board Members: Abstaining as I am not familiar with the board members.
  • Anticapture Commission: Against. I was initially going to vote for it , but @GFXlabs raised some very compelling points which made me re-examine the need for such a commission. Most of the major responsibilities seem to be mostly organisational (attending office hours, providing approvals, receive a delegation), but if the idea is to have a symbolic entity hoping for higher delegate participation and coordination, why do we have to put this to a vote? See my previous thoughts on the Treasury Appropriation Vote . I personally really dislike these votes that are mostly symbolic rubberstamping, and would like to see these kinds of votes be less present as long as we don’t have fully gasless voting for these.

Season 5 Misc Thoughts

Finally , I wanted to share some general thoughts on a few changes for Season 5, especially regarding the new Missions (exciting!) and Chain Delegation. I’ll probably edit this post once I share my thoughts on these, so keep an eye out :eyes:

3 Likes