Solving voter apathy

For me there are two “easy” solutions to this.

• Incentive to vote.
  • Give people a reward for delegating their voting power.

By incentive to vote I mean something like - in order to be eligible for future airdrops you must delegate your voting power.

By giving people a reward and this includes being able to be eligible for future airdrops, I mean a reward upfront for example if you delegate your voting power you get X amount of tokens as a direct reward sent to your wallet.

Another option coming to my mind is, if you want to encourage people to engage in the voting process you should also reward that. Let’s say there is a new proposal and the delegate you support is voting for it and after the voting process gets approved/implemented everybody gets rewarded (the delegate and the people behind it get a reward in form of OP tokens, just like the various dapps in the OP Summer incentive).

One other issue I and I guess many others have is, if you use your OP tokens for buying/selling NFTs or staking them on the various defi platforms like Sonne, IronBank or Tarot they get locked up and in order to vote right before the snapshot you have to stop all of that just to delegate your voting power, which requires a lot of time and transaction cost in order to do so. With Zero benefit on the other side. Why should people delegate then?

1 Like