I’m Sejal, part of the grants program team at Gitcoin and collaborating with @owocki on the EasyRetroPGF team. We’re excited to announce that we’re launching a comprehensive training program aimed at enabling any DAO to successfully conduct Optimism style retroactive public goods funding (RPGF) rounds. This initiative is a direct response to the increasing interest we’ve observed following the launch of EasyRetroPGF.xyz.
The curriculum we’ve developed is designed to equip participants with knowledge and practical skills, covering all aspects of RPGF, from conceptual understanding to the operational nuances of running a round using the EasyRetroPGF.xyz tool.
Timeline: The program spans from the end of January, with the application review and acceptance process, and concludes with the training at the end of March.
Curriculum: A detailed 7-week course covering topics like the origins and development of RPGF, scoping funding rounds, understanding badgeholders, application processes, nomination and voting procedures, communication strategies, and mastering the EasyRetroPGF.xyz tool. Find the detailed curriculum here
Our Ask: Instructor Recommendations
We recognize the importance of having experienced instructors to guide our participants. Therefore, we’re reaching out to the Optimism community for recommendations of potential instructors who have expertise in the following areas:
- Theoretical and practical aspects of RPGF.
- Experience with the Optimism Collective’s approach to RPGF.
- Knowledge of effective communication and operational strategies in conducting RPGF rounds.
How to Get Involved
- If you’re interested in becoming an instructor or know someone who would be a perfect fit, please reach out on email@example.com or DM me at https://twitter.com/sejal_rekhan
- For those interested in participating in the training program or running an EasyRetroPGF round, sign up here for the training program and here for running EasyRetropgf round.
This is more than just a training program; it’s an opportunity to shape the future of RPGF and empower any DAO with the tools and knowledge to grow their ecosystem by running an Optimism style rpgf round. We’re eager to collaborate with experts and enthusiasts alike from the Optimism community to make this program a success