Security Council Member Nomination: Node Guardians

Please indicate if you are running to be the Council Lead or a Council Member: Council Member

Does this nomination represent an individual or organization: Organization (sam here representing Node Guardians)

Candidate country of residence (or, if an entity, incorporation and principal place of business): British Virgin Islands

Have you previously served on Optimism’s Security Council: No

Have you previously served on any other Council or Board in the Collective: No

Are you a representative of OP Labs: No

Are you a representative of another OP Chain: No

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate profile: Not Applicable

If you are a member of the Citizens’ House, please link to your most recent attestation here: Not Applicable

Please outline your contributions, and their impact, to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

Please demonstrate any non-Optimism experience you believe is relevant to this role: We have served on the Security Council of Kroma for almost a year, which has provided us with valuable experience as part of our journey in governance and security council roles.

Please elaborate on your technical background, including your GitHub handle (this will be used to calculate your GitHub expertise score and will be added to your nomination before it goes to a vote by the Foundation):

Node Guardians has been live for over 2 years and our team consists of a core engineering group responsible for creating intermediate to complex programming challenges across various Ethereum ecosystem stack components. Additionally, we have a DevOps team with experience in key management as we serve as validators across multiple networks.

Please elaborate on your experience with relevant member (or Lead) requirements:

• Serving on the Security Council of Kroma, maintaining vigilant oversight of the validator network by promptly addressing and reporting any performance or security anomalies. Actively engaging in deliberations and decision-making processes related to L1 and L2 contract modifications.
  • Operating as validators across various networks, emphasizing careful key management.
  • Managing multisig operations on Debridge, Lido x Obol, and Lido x SSV.
  • Participating in governance within the Cosmos ecosystem.

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Security Council member:

A good Security Council member should have a strong attention to detail and a clear routine for monitoring and verification. The principle of “don’t trust, verify” has never been more real when you are a security council member.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest: None

Please verify that you understand you may be removed from this role via the Representative Removal proposal type in the Operating Manual: I understand

Please verify that you understand that election is subject to successful completion of a Foundation screen which may include KYC/AML, sanctions screening, and a requirement to sign a standard contract: Yes

Please verify that you are able to commit approximately 5 active hours per month to fulfill the Member Responsibilities. Please note that there is an “on-call” aspect to this role that is not fully encompassed in the active hours estimate: Yes

1 Like

We are glad to see a notable validator that also contributes to the Optimism governance be interested in the Security Council.

We are an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and believe this candidate is ready to move to an election.

1 Like

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

1 Like

I am an Optimism Delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

1 Like

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power, and believe this proposal is ready to move towards a vote.

1 Like

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this candidate is ready to move to an election.

1 Like

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like