Season 6 Nominations: Grants Council

Council sub-committee: Audit Reviewer

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate profile: https://vote.optimism.io/delegates/0xdonpepe.eth

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: 0.06%

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: 19 proposals voted, 10 of 10 last props

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared:
My voting rationale is shared on each individual vote.

Do you have a technical background?:
Yes, I possess a background that includes a blend of hands-on and theoretical technical experiences, particularly within the crypto space. Over the years, I’ve engaged in various technical activities like participating in hackathons, setting up and maintaining nodes and miners, and automating complex DeFi strategies. While I might not code daily, my experiences have equipped me with a broad understanding of the underlying mechanics and innovations in blockchain technology.

Please demonstrate any non-Optimism experience you believe is relevant to this role and/or your sub-committee:
I hold a Master of Science in Finance and Banking and have worked in traditional finance banks like BBVA and Wells Fargo. I’ve been involved in the crypto world for 11 years, wearing hats as a community builder, investor, miner, and node operator. Currently, I’m with a hedge fund that zeroes in on fintech.

Have you previously served in a representative (appointed or elected) role in the Collective? If so, please specify which:

No

Please outline your contributions, and their impact, to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

I was a top 100 delegate during Season 5 and hold a 9.8/10 on the Optimism GovScore. This score reflects factors like voting history, voting power, and decentralized identity. GovScore

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Mission Application:
A solid Mission Application should totally vibe with our key goals. It’s gotta hit the mark on boosting decentralization, expanding our Superchain, and ramping up developer numbers. It should be slick with data, focused on clear targets, and flexible enough to roll with the punches.

What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 6 Intents?:
To hit Season 6 goals, we should consider Mission Requests for:

1. Decentralization : Tech improvements and governance projects.
  2. Superchain Growth : New chain integrations and marketing.
  3. Developer Growth : Educational programs and dev tool enhancements.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest: If you are a top 25 delegate in another ecosystem, hold an elected position in another DAO, and/or are a multisig signer in another community please disclose here.

I’m a member of the ETH MTY multisig.

Please verify that you understand you may be removed from this role via the Representative Removal proposal type in the Operating Manual: Yes.

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 6: Yes.

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations : Yes.