Season 6 Nominations: Grants Council

Grants Council Self-Nomination

Alex Soto / @alexsotodigital

Council sub-committee:
Optimism Mission Reviewer

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate profile: N/A
If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: N/A
If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: N/A

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: I have no history of voting on OP, but my rationale would be to pay attention to the opposing opinions and dig deeper to understand which of the criticisms can be integrated into the proposal to make it even better. I also think it is important to analyze which initiatives need a grant and which would benefit but can still happen without it.

Do you have a technical background?: I do not have a technical background but rather a more human approach (social sciences, communication, governance, etc.).

Please demonstrate any non-Optimism experience you believe is relevant to this role and/or your sub-committee:

• I worked at Socialab, a social innovation incubator where I analyzed the impact potential of early stage projects.
  • I worked as a facilitator in organizational development, with a focus on dynamic governance in DAOs.
  • I worked as a consultant in impact measurement and social entrepreneurship.
  • I co-founded a consulting unit at RnDAO where we offer support to DAOs in processing tensions, solving growth problems and building a culture of well-being.
  • My experience leads me to look for common points, and win-win-win scenarios, that contribute to systemic changes and address the needs of stakeholders.

Have you previously served in a representative (appointed or elected) role in the Collective? No, I haven’t.

Please outline your contributions, and their impact, to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

• My contributions to the ecosystem have been indirect, but come from:
  • Generating content in Spanish about governance.
  • Designing induction processes for DAOs.
  • Co-creating collaboration tools.
  • Promoting care work in the community.

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Mission Application:
I believe that a good mission application requires to:

• Understand the context of those who apply for the grant
  • List the underlying needs that are required for the initiative to be successful.
  • Define metrics that can be used to keep the project on track.
  • Promote team accountability during and at the end of the process.

What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 6 Intents?:
I think that the mission requests will be those that:

• Understand decentralization as both a social and technological process.
  • That they seek to strengthen relationships with a long-term perspective rather than achieving superficial and short-term numbers.
  • That promote the induction of users, developers and allies from a perspective of diversity and inclusion.
  • That they exemplify the vision of the collective, inspiring people outside the ecosystem.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest: I don’t think there is

Please verify that you understand you may be removed from this role via the Representative Removal proposal type in the Operating Manual : Yes, I understand.

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 6: Yes, I understand.

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations: Yes, I am able.

3 Likes