Season 6 Nominations: Developer Advisory Board

Developer Advisory Board Nomination

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate profile:
NA

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you:
NA

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date:
NA

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared:
NA

Are you a representative of OP Labs:
No.

Please elaborate on your technical background. Please include information about the layer of the stack you have the most expertise on:
I have an expertise in ZK and security. As is evident from my experience in security reviews, I have audited projects across different layers of the stack. Some examples:

• Infra (and Infra enhancers): Blast, Connext, LIFI, Axiom.
  • ZK: Polygon zkEVM, Semaphore, zkP2P, ECDSA circuits.
  • ERC-4337/Wallets: Alchemy, Coinbase, Clave
  • Apps: Astaria.

All audits can be found here.

I also have development experience as I collaborated on building a payment Validium prototype (ArcPay), and authored a DA aggregator (the blob info was stored in an Optimism smart contract) and a crypto search engine (all links here).

Organizations I have worked for in the past:

I was a Software Engineer before jumping into crypto with a background in Machine Learning and scaling infrastructure.

Here’s my twitter.

Please demonstrate any non-Optimism experience you believe is relevant to this role:

• Wrote multiple articles on technical topics: signature footguns, safe circom circuits, ethereum key generation process.
  • Proposed a privacy ZK protocol.
  • Built multiple complex projects in Rust: Search engine, DA aggregator and Validium.

This demonstrates my ability to write effectively and to build on top of security.

Have you previously served in a representative (appointed or elected) role in the Collective? If so, please specify which:
No.

Please outline your contributions, and their impact, to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

• I’ve audited Blast (report), an OP fork, via Spearbit (the one before the Cantina competition).
  • I participated in Optimism Sherlock competition (although issues went in the “Sponsor confirmed”, “non-reward” category).

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Mission Application:
A good Mission application clearly describes a broad mission as a north star goal, but it also describes a specific action plan needed to achieve that mission, trying to remove as much ambiguity as possible.

This brings clarity among the people aligning behind that mission and facilitates progress on something measurable.

The north star goal helps in course correction during the execution, and the specific action plan helps in focus and accountability.

Please demonstrate your ability to explain complex technical topics to a non-technical audience:
I have written explainers on key generation process for Ethereum wallets, tips on writing secure Circom circuits and explained ZK to beginner and non-technical audience. I’ve received feedback that they’re well written and get the point across easily.

I have also written about a private protocol (Shielded token transfers), although this requires some technical knowledge already.

All my writings can be found here.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest:
No conflicts of interest. I’m going independent next month.

Please verify that you understand you may be removed from this role via the Representative Removal proposal type in the Operating Manual:
Yes.

Are you interested in the Ops Lead or Upgrade Czar roles?
Yes, I’m interested in Upgrade Czar role. I have audited Blast, an OP fork. This audit needed an understanding of OP stack too. I also participated in Optimism’s Sherlock competition and understand the fault proof dispute section.

I also write on technical topics as listed above which validates the required skillset of written communication. I also mentored 3 people on smart contract security via EthernautDAO and received good feedback (related post).

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 6:
Yes.

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / month to Board operations:
Yes. I’m going independent from next month, and will be able to dedicate the required time for this role.

3 Likes