Thanks for coming everyone!
Recording is here: Jan 10 Gov Call Recording.mp4 - Google Drive
Summary of discussion:
- First token-house upgrade vote coming for Bedrock!!
- [Request for Comment] Protocol Upgrade Proposal Information
- What kind of info would you like to see in the proposal for network upgrades?
- Security (audits, bug bounties)
- timeline and implementation details
- Why are we doing this upgrade?
- Potential community AMA?
- Stakeholders will need time to react to vote passing
- Proposed template will be put on the forum later today!
- This is a big step for the token house & Optimism (get excited)
- Question on incentivizing builders to build w/bedrock
- We currently have two posts to gather grant idea requests for each sub-committee
- In the first week after voting cycle #9b, grant committees will put out their framework and can draw from these posts
- Contribute your ideas here:
- Builders grants: Request for Grants: Builders Grants
- Growth Experiments grants: Request for Grants: Growth Experiments
- What if a grant committee member submits a proposal?
- They can do this, but declare conflict in nomination & not vote
- Questions about the types of projects to nominate for RPGF2
- Round 2 is focused on things for the Optimism ecosystem specifically
- This will likely evolve as we get further into voting rounds
- We need to get to the point where Optimism & RPGF is self-sustaining now in order to do more good in the future
Next meeting will be next week!