Delegate Mission Request Summary:
This mission seeks proposals for novel treasury bootstrapping solutions. The aim is to discover and implement innovative fundraising mechanisms for projects across the Superchain to supplement reliance on traditional venture capital or token sale models. These solutions should facilitate diverse and sustainable financial support for emerging projects and further establish Optimism as the place for new projects to launch.
S5 Intent Intent 3: Improve the User Experience
Proposing Delegate: Jack Anorak
Proposal Tier: Fledgling
Baseline grant amount: Individual grants of 10-40k OP based on amount of work needed. Total budget, 80k OP
Should this Foundation Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants: Multiple
Submit by: To be set by Grants Council
Selection by: To be set by Grants Council
Start date: If applicable
Completion date: August 1, 2024
How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?
Along with other Mission Requests and RFGs intended to make Optimism the best place to launch, one of the core needs of new projects is, simply put, funding. This can be difficult and in some cases fraught from a regulatory standpoint. This mission would once again break new boundaries by providing new projects with alternative fundraising avenues - not just grants, not just VC, not just foundation funds. There are many different ways for crypto to program money - here’s an opportunity for enterprising projects to find new modes of bootsrapping.
What is required to execute this Delegate Mission Request?
- Proposals should offer practical, actionable solutions for fundraising that are feasible within the Optimism network.
- These solutions might include, but are not limited to, decentralized finance models, community funding mechanisms, novel tokenomic standards, and crowdfunding platforms tailored to blockchain projects.
- Proposals must demonstrate a clear understanding, ideally from user research, of the challenges faced by new projects in securing funding and how their solution addresses these challenges.
- Must specify whether structured as Builder or Experiment (ie user incentive) grant
How should the Token House measure progress towards this Mission?
- Evaluation of submitted proposals for feasibility, innovation, and potential impact on the ecosystem.-
- Monitoring the development and implementation phases of selected proposals.
- Tracking the adoption and success rates of these new fundraising mechanisms among new projects on the network.
How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
- Number and breadth of projects that successfully employ these new fundraising solutions.
- Evaluating the long-term sustainability and growth of projects supported through these mechanisms.
- Analyzing feedback from project teams and the broader community regarding the effectiveness and impact of these solutions
Have you engaged a Grant-as-a-service provider for this Mission Request?
Has anyone other than the Proposing Delegate contributed to this Mission Request? If so, who, and what parts of this application did they contribute to?