[READY] [GF: Phase 1 Proposal] OptiChads NFT Project

I’m definitely willing to review submissions carefully, as I will be engaging in the activities as well, to help lead by example. This proposal will help bring new users in. I was talking about it today at work and I cannot tell you how excited my coworkers were. None of them own NFT’s or have crypto wallets. But when I explained that I was part of a proposal that could fund other people around the world to work out, their eyes widened. They asked all kinds of questions. They wanted to be involved. This is exactly the type of thing we should want to put out there and use as a success story.

3 Likes

Before September 22, 2022 3:00 PM ET to be included in snapshot voting you will need to add links to your delegate approvals here:

Provided your proposal has received explicit approval comments from two delegates with >0.5% voting power, as outlined in the Operating Manual , please use the below format to list your proposal in a reply to this post.

• Proposal A: [NAME]
    • Proposal: [LINK]
    • Delegate Approval 1: [LINK]
    • Delegate Approval 2: [LINK]
2 Likes

FWIW As an Optimism delegate [Delegate Commitments - #36 by Butterbum]with voting power of 0.44% I believe this proposal is ready.

2 Likes

I am an Optimism delegate [Delegate Commitments - #26 by OPUser] with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

3 Likes

Love this Can’t Wait For Update

1 Like

As an Optimism delegate with voting power above the required threshold I believe this proposal is ready. Delegate Commitments - #71 by MoneyManDoug

3 Likes

NFT and Gaming Committee voting recommendation: Yes

Rationale:

1 Like

Cute idea kinda. Doesn’t hurt to give it a try. Support this proposal.

2 Likes

Voted :- For

Aligned with committee decision. As said in committee proposal, I am more comfortable with Identity and P2E rather than judging a pure pfp nft project but this grant is going totally towards building community, distribution is done really well with less scope of farming.

Huge respect for @Dicaso for his engagement on this proposal on this forum as well as on discord. He took feedback from almost everyone and has incorporated in this proposal. Willingness to do manual validation, allowing non-nft holder to join the campaign and giving 50 native nft as reward, all this gives me confidence that we are funding the right project and I believe this proposal is setting high standard for upcoming nft and related project.

5 Likes

I’d never been an NFT guy before, but the OptiChads quest got me hooked!

Donating 50% to public goods is a great incentive for people to check out your project. It’s also what convinced me to pick up a second OptiChad :grin:

2 Likes

Voted yes - Following NFT and Gaming Committee recommendation

1 Like

I am voting yes following the NFT & Gaming committee recommendation

plus project looks fun

3 Likes

I can’t explain why but I feel like they won’t keep their promises on the Proposal for token distribution. I can’t blame them, just saying that I couldn’t convince myself to trust them. On the other hand, I like the proposal, made some quick research and it sounds logical that 1.8k holders and 50k OP has been requested.
We shouldn’t decide on our feeling here.should keep a reasonable ratio between risk/return to the ecosystem.

My vote is FOR

3 Likes

Am voting for this proposal. I’m increasingly skeptical of the efficacy of quests, especially in today’s environment, but this seems like a good opportunity to run an experiment, and it’s in the hands of someone who’s open-minded and transparent in how they’re running things.

Also just like the project and Dicaso’s energy.

3 Likes

Vote: Yes

Rationale: I am a fan of public funding and encouraging users to live healthier life. I would be intrigued to get a follow-up to see how the challenges work out. An accountability committee would be beneficial here, especially as this has a different path to DeFi protocols.

2 Likes

The PoolCollective voted yes, following the NFT & Gaming Committee’s recommendation.

3 Likes

Voted : For

For all the reasons we listed in our recommendation

2 Likes

Snapshot vote - passed

@Dicaso can you provide a Telegram handle or other contact method so the Optimism team can get in touch about paying out this grant! Feel free to comment on this thread, DM, or email palash@optimism.io