Grants Council Reviewer Nominations: Season 5

Grants Council Self-Nomination Template

Council sub-committee: Growth Experiments

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment: Optimism Agora

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: (voting power can be referenced here ) <%0.01

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: (You may link to your profile on Karma , if applicable. If not, you can divide the number of Optimism votes under your Snapshot profile by 87, which is the number of Token House votes through Season 2, and add all possible votes from Agora.) Delegates of Optimism DAO

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: (You may link to your Snapshot and/or Agora profile for voting history. You may link to your delegate communication thread, or any other medium you use to communicate with your delegators, to share your voting rationale.) Voting history can be found here:

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date: Optimism Super Ambassador, founder of The Optimist media (weekly newsletter & Podcast), the unique media covering the OP Superchain.

Do you have a technical background? If so, please elaborate:
DEFI user: I’m intensively using DEFI as a personal tool for investment since 2 years now
Analyst: Fondamental analysis has always been my main source of research when exploring new defi protocols

Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which: No

Please demonstrate any experience you believe is relevant to this role: I have been involved in the Optimism ecosystem since more than 18months now. Recently elected as Ambassador 1 year ago, and received a Growth Experiment grant for The Optimism on Cycle 11. I have also been covering all grantees, how they set up their grant proposal, how they used it, and how much users/tvl has been retained on OP Mainnet. I have also followed malicious use of the grant which is a disaster for the ecosystem and for the people who work hard. I’m also assisting projects on drafting their proposal, and too many are requesting a grant as a gift to deploy. The Growth experiment should be a catalyst to a project that already has a working product and requires more visbility among the Optimism community. And this is in this spirit that i’m applying to the Growth Experient committee.

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee: (if applicable)

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Governance Fund grant:
As stated previously, Grants are a catalyst to attract in a meaningful way users & TVL. It should be a catalyst to an already deployed & working product, that adds something to the ecosystem.
For example, there are plenty of lending protocols, but no Peer to Peer one. There are also too few stablecoins on OP Mainnet, RWA is not sufficiently present on OP Mainnet. ALl of this will be part of the next wave of liquidity that will flow into DEFI, and the purpose of the grant is to assist project to find product market fit & onboard the OP Community to be prepared to receive this amount of liquidity and generate revenue for the ecosystem.

What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 5 Intents?
Improve the consumer experience:
Smart wallet with gas/chain/account abstraction that can be used on Mobile phone
Onboard RWA projects on Optimism
Onboard More gaming on Optimism
Improve Governance accessibility: Build a Telegram/Discord bot to remind everyone about voting schedule

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest: In case The Optimist will apply for a growth grant during the next season, there will be a conflict of interest and will make sure to refrain my vote on this and follow strictly the code of conduct.

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct : YES

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5: YES

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations: Unfortunately no, and i prefer being transparent with my commitment. I understand that this could be a showstopper for my application and i will accept it. In any case, i will be able to allocate 10h/week.

5 Likes