[DRAFT] [GF: PHASE 1 Proposal] OAYC

40 replies. Only Minimal Gravitas said anything interesting. The kind of raid we are seeing here tells me nothing about the project

2 Likes

Agreed the forum needs to stay focused on the proposal & components under review. I would like to add that I have had originally reached out to this team to see if I could offer proper guidance on a proposal. Beyond our original conversation I never heard back and had a very hard time trying to reach any official team member after that point.

Having community support is great but it really needs to be more formal for governance. Is there a way to see any examples of bounties or quests from the OAYC project that was distributed from the OP token that everyone minted with?
I believe there was 100,000 or more OP raised from the initial mint and would love to see a dune analytics chart or some official metrics to see how much of that was used to create previous initiatives within the community of the Optimism network since the original mint. That would help provide clarity to fellow governance members on how the OP tokens from a grant might be distributed to the holders or outside of the network to help onboard other individuals from outside the ecosystem.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback!
In fact, there are no official requirements on how to promote the proposal. Posts from some of the project members are just general support, right. But on the other hand, it shows you the strength of the community and the desire to make the project successful. And community support is one of the main points in evaluating the potential of NFTs.

We are not going to spam such calls in support of the proposal further. But at the same time, we donā€™t see anything wrong with showing community support.

Sorry, we missed your attempts to contact our team. We remember your messages on our mint day but the team didnā€™t get a chance to start a conversation as the mint day is a very busy day. We reached you out on Twitter several times btw and had no response too :frowning:
Please open a ticket in discord or dm us on Twitter so we can finally talk.

Regarding previous initiatives, OAYC has launched dozens of community giveaways and marketing campaigns to bring more people to the Optimism NFT and keep the current community active. It helped us to reach almost 500 ETH trading volume in 2 months and +2000% ATH floor price.
We need some time to sum up the number, examples, and performance of these initiatives. And we have already made a forecast of the results that can be expected from the use of this grant in the future. You can find it in the proposal.

1 Like

This is a forum for governance members to discuss proposals. Not a social media platform for self promotion. Please respect the format & process of the governance here in the forum.

3 Likes

Unfortunately this does not provide the analytic data that was requested and this info needs to displayed with actual metrics as well as a clear thought out distribution schedule. I donā€™t see a distribution schedule in the proposal.

Opensea statistics are not enough to qualify the project for a grant.
I am hearing concerns from other members within the community about the most recent mint from the Oayc project and whether the funds from minting the project are involved with any retroactive donations. I am curious as well to hear if there has been any contributions to the Optimism ecosystem since the launch of the project. Approximately 80,000 more OP tokens were just collected from a secondary mint so I am not sure why more assistance with funding is needed if that is the case.

Please provide any data using DUNE analytics from the project that can help show the other members of the governance the statistics of the previous mints, the way the original mint funds were used for public goods, or any initiatives led by the project team in a clear & transparent manner.

3 Likes

Without a doubt, the best NFT project on the net! Count on my support always guys, you make this ecosystem the best! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I am bullish on OAYC, I consider it the best project on Optimism. Now letā€™s try to take it to Olympus!

I am the holder of oayc, and I am very much in favor of this proposal!

This is one of the most awesome NFT projects in the OP chain, everyone should vote for it, letā€™s go to the moon together, family members

OAYC will be the NEXT BIGGEST NFT PROJECT IN 2023!!

1 Like

This was just from the second nft collection they kept getting money from the community but never spent a little back on them. I think they should just stay more active and bring value to their community .

1 Like

I am totally agree with the proposal.

Dear Optimism Grand,

If you look carefully for each single Ape, you will probally found even eash Ape has different expression, they all have one important characteristic, they all keep optimitic smile, which also be the most important characteristic for OP project, and total different from BAYC who looks more contempt,

As the most important & powful NFT project in OP ecosystem, OAYC almost raised everything by itself and its community, I donā€™t see any, even one twitter post from Optimism grand, this is unbelieve as I know, ZKAPE got a huge support and resourse from ZK team, I have to say itā€™s not fair.

Please, OAYC is absolutely not a fake project from BAYC, this is totally a different and new project especially born for Optimism, so please kindly help us, the sucess of OAYC will also be the sucess for the Optimism, I donā€™t see any great NFT so far in other L2 projects.

Optimism will be best L2, OAYC will also be the most important NFT project in OP ecosystem.

5 Likes

If you buy NFT from the 1st mint and sold at average price, or even now, you at least already got 4 times revenue from the cost, why you say no value transfer back to the community? all the project has a cost to survival, even in a bear marketing, even for the long term management. if all the funds bring back to the community, who is willing to provide this service?

2 Likes

Excellent project, to the moon!
Keep optimistic.

OAYC is Top 1 in Optimism NFT and strong growth in 2023.

1 Like

greatest nft project on optimism <3 suuper awesome art and sooo great team working on it <3

OAYC is the most exciting program Iā€™ve ever seen, you canā€™t miss it!

2 Likes

I have never invested in an Optimism project before until I saw these beautiful OAYC Apes. They made me feel better during these hard times. I did my DYOR an decided that because of the plans (mutation, staking, fractalizationā€¦) that it is a project worth to invest in. I think that OAYC will help bringing new people (like me) to Optimism.

2 Likes