Community Feedback on RetroPGF2

This is amazing Michael, thanks for doing that.

Can I ask, I see that the video isnā€™t publicly listed, is it ok to share it on twitter for example?

3 Likes

Yes of course!

Feel free to share it anywhere youā€™d like. It is only unlisted because it doesnā€™t fall into the broader array of content for my subscribers to be notified.

Glad it was helpful/ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, thatā€™s great work, Michael.
Actually really appreciate efforts like this.

Havenā€™t had time to pay closer attention to the results yet
So definitely going to watch all of this video, as this huge RetroPGF2 event has actually supported a lot of projects

The development of Optimism has been going on as much as possible lately

3 Likes

Honored that GasHawk was nominated and awarded a RetroPGF2 grant. For PGF3 it would be great to somehow have an opportunity to get in front of the badge holders. It felt like last round people either knew us or didnā€™t and the Twitter spaces that were hosted by a third party didnā€™t seem to get us in front of new badge holders.

Thoughts: Host Twitter or Discord spaces for projects to highlight what they are working on and answer questions from badge holders. These could be separated by the 3 categories (if they are still in effect for PGF3) and could be scheduled over the weeks of voting.

1 Like

Hello!

First of all thanks for all the work put on the RetroPGF2.

I was wondering about the payout timings! We have heard from other projects that their payments were received!

Thanks and apologies if this isnā€™t the right place to ask about it!

1 Like

In RPGF #2 we received our first reward for our efforts to help grow the Optimism network by adding significant value to the ecosystem with a new platform for NFT creators.

This has helped us significantly with the development process and helped one of our core team members Jerome who is our UI/UX dev to pay for a much needed surgery with ample time to heal and recover before returning to work.

Our efforts to help spread awareness about the Optimism ecosystem is a constant battle.
There is still a large majority of people in the web3 space that do not know what Optimism has to offer for developers and builders.

Additionally there is a strong stigma built up around layer 2 chains causing folks to generally discourage themselves or others from using a chain for scaling purposes due to worries about centralized security risks.

Collectively we must make it a solid effort to put our feet on the ground and March into the depths of the social media landscape to reach these individuals.

Creative content about Optimism & RPGF is great but in order to attract new users or developers we must speak to them one on one in order to provide everyone with the education they need to gain the opportunity of building for the common purpose of public goods.

I want to start by stating that I understand this is an iterative process, as are many things in the Collective. However, I think itā€™s important for the sake of learning, to point out things that seem off.

I was somewhat confused to see Llamafolio funded with 8,246.43 OP retroactively for their project which still has yet to launch. I do not know the team behind the project and have nothing against them/the project, and mean no disrespect to their efforts. I just wanted to point this out :slight_smile: