Badgeholder Conflict of Interest Disclosures

UPDATE: I have completed my three-month contract with TE Academy, and on request for the final invoice, I was reminded that I also agreed to retroactive funding for work on fundraising equivalent to 5% remuneration of funds raised with the maximum capped at the 50k (= 2500). On review of the delegate code of conduct, I note the clause on no self-deal

Retroactive funding for fundraising is not related to the Token House delegation.
I am reminded now that my own retroactive funding would stem directly from the RFPG2 allocation and seek to disclose this in advance of sending an invoice.

As per agreement with TE Academy founder, in addition to my paid contract, retroactive funding was available for work in regard to fundraising. I have worked on multiple draft proposals but specific to Optimism, the work included

• Provision of consultancy framework for Brand Identity
  • Collation & copywriting of key messages
  • Assessment of 22 potential funding opportunities
  • Identified & prioritised Optimism RPGF2
  • RFPG2 nomination
  • Draft RFPG2 application
  • Retroactive Public Goods Funding = 57.5k OP :heart:

As stated above, I abstained from voting due to a conflict of interest. I was cognizant of only the paid contract and reputational investment at the time of initial disclosure. I now recognise that I have the opportunity to benefit directly from the RFPG2 funding allocation.

I intend to request 2500 OP for use as an active governance participant. I trust this Conflict of Interest was fairly mitigated by my decision to abstain but keen to hear from anyone that feels that could constitute a breach of the code of conduct - as I would prefer the efforts to be pro-bono than jeopardise the opportunity to participate here.

6 Likes