Season 6 Nominations: Developer Advisory Board

Developer Advisory Board Self-Nomination: wbnns

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate profile:

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you:

0.00678307%

(recently joined as a new delegate in the past week!)

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date:

N/A, I joined after May 29th (the last, most recent vote) – won’t be this way for long. :slight_smile:

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared:

N/A, my voting rationale will be primarily focused on whether initiatives enable developers to better and more easily build on the Superchain in order to bring the world onchain and to create a global open and permissionless economy. I align with a vision of innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity.

Are you a representative of OP Labs:

No, I am not. :slight_smile:

Please elaborate on your technical background. Please include information about the layer of the stack you have the most expertise on:

For the last 18 months I have been 100% focused on proliferating development on L2 via the OP Stack as a core contributor and developer advocate in the Base ecosystem.

I have extensive experience in full stack development, with proficiency in multiple frameworks including Bootstrap, Django, Flask, Gatsby, Hugo, Jekyll, NextJSS, Rails, React, React Native, and WordPress. I am proficient in languages such as C++, CSS, HTML, Java, JavaScript, TypeScript, Python, Ruby, Solidity, and SQL. My work spans across various methodologies like Agile, Scrum, and Test-Driven Development (TDD), and I am familiar with numerous platforms and tools, including AWS, Docker, GitHub, GitLab, and more.

Please demonstrate any non-Optimism experience you believe is relevant to this role:

• Base: As a Senior Developer Relations Advocate, I lead key initiatives managing large developer communities (Base Discord, the Base channel on Farcaster, Base on GitHub) and driving internal projects.
  • Editor: Mastering Bitcoin & Mastering Ethereum by Andreas Antonopolous
  • Former maintainer: Bitcoin.org

CV: https://wbnns.com/
GitHub: wbnns (wbnns) · GitHub
Warpcast: Warpcast

Have you previously served in a representative (appointed or elected) role in the Collective? If so, please specify which:

No, I have not.

Please outline your contributions, and their impact, to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

• Core contributor, Base: Developer relations and open source contributions maintainer
  • Contributor Superchain Token List: Open source contributions maintainer
  • Contributor, Superchain Bridge Expansion (Official Bridge Deprecation): End user acceptance testing lead

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Mission Application:

A good mission application should be clear, concise, and demonstrate a strong alignment with the goals of the collective and proliferating the Superchain ecosystem. It should strictly adhere to the Mission Applicant Guide.

Please demonstrate your ability to explain complex technical topics to a non-technical audience:

In my role as an editor for “Mastering Bitcoin” and “Mastering Ethereum,” I have worked extensively to translate complex technical concepts into accessible language. Additionally, I have contributed to educational resources like “Learn How to Code” which provides step-by-step guidance for new developers. I am also a core contributor to https://docs.base.org/ which helps new as well as veteran developers learn more and get started using Base and working with the OP Stack.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest:

I do not anticipate any conflicts of interest! :slight_smile:

Please verify that you understand you may be removed from this role via the Representative Removal proposal type in the Operating Manual:

I understand and accept that I may be removed from this role through the Representative Removal proposal type in the Operating Manual.

Are you interested in the Ops Lead or Upgrade Czar roles? If so, please share relevant experience and one idea you have for how the role could contribute to the collective:

I would be interested in the Ops Lead role! With my extensive background in managing large developer communities and complex cross-functional initiatives, I believe I can effectively coordinate operations and drive strategic initiatives. One idea for contributing to the collective is to implement a comprehensive developer support program, including regular workshops, Q&A sessions/office-hours, and extending https://docs.optimism.io/ to further empower developers to integrate across the wider OP Stack ecosystem as a whole, as opposed to just one network/chain. For all initiatives, I think metrics, KPIs and OKRs are crucial to ensuring operational efficiency and leading a successful program.

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 6:

Yep, I understand that KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 6.

** Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / month to Board operations :**

I confirm I would happily be able to commit approximately ~20 hours / month to Board operations. :slight_smile:

1 Like