Season 6 Nominations: Developer Advisory Board

Developer Advisory Board Self-Nomination

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate profile:

N/A

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you:

N/A

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date:

N/A

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared:

N/A

Are you a representative of OP Labs:

No.

Please elaborate on your technical background. Please include information about the layer of the stack you have the most expertise on:

Please demonstrate any non-Optimism experience you believe is relevant to this role:

• My engineering & EVM experience listed above are my main qualification.

Have you previously served in a representative (appointed or elected) role in the Collective? If so, please specify which:

• I’m an Optimism badgeholder since RetroPGF 3.

Please outline your contributions, and their impact, to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

I’m also generally keen to be a lot more involved in Optimism governance going forward, and hope to demonstrate a strong commitment starting in this season’s DAB.

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Mission Application:

A good mission application should:

• make clear its relevance to an intent,
  • have a well-formed token distribution plan, and
  • have clear milestones to hold teams accountable.

Please demonstrate your ability to explain complex technical topics to a non-technical audience:

• Writing user-facing documentation every day!
  • Tutored multiple students with no code background in Javascript and Solidity.
  • Speaker at PHL Blockchain meetup.
  • Former English major. :upside_down_face:

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest: If you are a top 25 delegate in another ecosystem, hold an elected position in another DAO, and/or are a multisig signer in another community please disclose here.

No conflicts of interest.

Please verify that you understand you may be removed from this role via the Representative Removal proposal type in the Operating Manual 1:

Understood & verified.

Are you interested in the Ops Lead or Upgrade Czar roles? If so, please share relevant experience and one idea you have for how the role could contribute to the collective.

I’m interested in the Ops Lead role as described in Zach’s proposal. I often PM on client projects, and this organizational skill could serve the Ops Lead role well. My DAB budget proposal (Ed Mazurek - Developer Advisory Board Operating Budget) outlined some ideas on improving DAB transparency, including more Grants Council outreach and forums communication. One that I’d like to pull forward is the maintaining of public updates on forum and monthly solicitation of feedback from Grants Council. I think these ideas and others from my proposal could fit well within the role’s description, and I’d be really happy to take on driving comms and scheduling for the board.

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 6:

Understood & verified.

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / month to Board operations:

Yes, am able!

7 Likes