Project name: Attestation Station Interface
Author name and contact info (please provide a reliable point of contact for the project):
- Soyboy Vegan
I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: Yes
I understand that I will be expected to following the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: Yes
L2 recipient address: 0x5EfF4B8c042AA6003cBDA6E32C4aA23657d3b6AF
Which Voting Cycle are you applying for?: 10
Which sub-committee should review your proposal? Builders Grants
Project description (please explain how your project works):
- For context: The AttestationStation is an attestation smart contract deployed on Optimism. The goal of the AttestationStation is to provide a permissionless and accessible data source for builders creating reputation-based applications. By enabling anyone to make arbitrary attestations about other addresses, we can create a rich library of qualitative and quantitative data that can be used across the ecosystem.
- This project provides a no-code solution for builders and community members to directly interact with the AttestationStation smart contract. This means anyone can read or write to the contract using this tool.
- It is already live for community use and has already been put to use for the distribution of the RPGF voting badges.
- I would like to extend this tool to allow users to make multiple attestations with a single transaction, allow users to view attestations they’ve made and attestations made about them.
- Website: https://attestationstation.xyz/
- Github: GitHub - sbvegan/attestation-station-interface: An open source interface for Optimism's AttestationStation -- a data primative for making arbitrary attestations about Ethereum addresses.
Additional team member info (please link): n/a
Please link to any previous projects the team has meaningfully contributed to: Only minor open source contributions made in the past.
Relevant usage metrics (TVL, transactions, volume, unique addresses, etc. Optimism metrics preferred; please link to public sources such as Dune Analytics, etc.):
- ~1,500 unique visitors in the past 30 days
- Used as a tool for RPGF badge distribution
Competitors, peers, or similar projects (please link): n/a
Is/will this project be open sourced? Yes (currently is)
Optimism native?: Yes
Date of deployment/expected deployment on Optimism: It’s been deployed since November 2022, but it isn’t a smart contract project.
Ecosystem Value Proposition:
- What is the problem statement this proposal hopes to solve for the Optimism ecosystem? The Attestation Station is new. There is very little awareness around it, what it does, and how it can be utlized.
- How does your proposal offer a value proposition solving the above problem? Extending the Attestation Station Interface will provide builders and community members a no-code solution for interacting with the Attestation Station and viewing a historical record of attestations made.
- Why will this solution be a source of growth for the Optimism ecosystem? As more builders gain awareness around the AttestationStation there will be more individuals who can build the reputation related applications that it was meant for. This means we can see a new class of applications emerge on Optimism.
Has your project previously applied for an OP grant? No.
Number of OP tokens requested: 20,000 OP
Did the project apply for or receive OP tokens through the Foundation Partner Fund?: No
If OP tokens were requested from the Foundation Partner Fund, what was the amount?: n/a
How much will your project match in co-incentives? n/a
Proposal for token distribution:
I acknowledge and will comply with the 1-year lockup rule for Builder’s Grants.
This a proposed timeline for feature completion based on the new milestone assessment, so these will be determined by the builders sub-comittee. These are the milestones:
- My Attestations [critical]: a new feature and section on the interface that will allow users to view attestations they have made and attestations made about them. The source of truth: this feature will be deployed to: https://attestationstation.xyz/. Estimated time of completion: Mid-Late Q2.
- Batch Attestations [critical]: a new feature that will allow users to make batch attestations with a single on-chain transaction. The source of truth: this feature will be deployed to: https://attestationstation.xyz/. Estimated time of completion: Mid-Late Q3.
Note: I currently don’t have any benchmark milestones. The data analytics I can see at the moment are the numbers of visitors to the web application over the last 30 days.
Note: After these milestones are completed I plan to continue work on the project by making UX improvements and start work on a second iteration of the project. The plan is to create an AttestationStation explorer, something akin to etherscan, but for attestations (and schemas when they’re implemented).
Please provide any additional information that will facilitate accountability: Anyone can track my progress on github: GitHub - sbvegan/attestation-station-interface: An open source interface for Optimism's AttestationStation -- a data primative for making arbitrary attestations about Ethereum addresses. New features will be released to production as they’re ready.